FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXmas present for day-care provider?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmas present for day-care provider?
    Posted: 09 November 2011 at 11:18am
For those with kids in daycare, do you give the provider a gift at Christmas? What kinds of things do you give?

DS is in an in-home daycare with an wonderful provider, so I think I would like to get her something, just not sure what.
Sponsored Links

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 12:02pm
I'd never do it unless they give over and above - afterall, they're paid for it. On that note, I'm planning on getting something for Jacob's daycare, they've been really brilliant and I think it would be nice to recognise that. In our case, since it's for a team of people, I thought a box of chocolates or something they can share in the tearoom.

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 1:00pm

every year Ella & I bake some Christmas biscuits and then give them to the teachers in the week before Christmas- normally just in one container which they share in the lunch room.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 2:13pm

yep I have done and last year did for my eldests after school care.

Last year my boys pained terracotta pots and we planted sunflowers in them and I wrote in paint thank you for helping me to grow on them. They brought tears to the teachers at preschool. This year I am not sure what I am going to do. My youngest childs key teacher is leaving on Friday for maternity leave so we are making her a nappy cake.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 3:52pm
I love that idea mummy_becks!

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 4:26pm
I'm stealing that sunflower pot idea Becks!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 4:27pm
Oh, and normally I wouldn't really do much unless they were truely amazing. My SIL is the kids carer and she is amazing so we'll get/make her something
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
meganmouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 10:00pm
DD is in home based care too. She always buys DD birthday and Christmas presents. The first year I got her an ornament (she collects them), the second year I got her a bottle of wine and some chocolates.

This year I think I will bake (fudge, rum balls, biscuits etc) and wrap in cellophane or a basket. Planning to bake lots and give to lots of people.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 3:17pm

This year I have no idea what I am going to do. I have to make the nappy cake tonight but that won't be too hard.

My youngest is 5 at the beginning of next year and we will give a big present to the centre.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 6:08pm
We just give a card. We pay them enough as it is.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
fairy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 9:26pm
Hadn't thought of this but now I think I will bake some biscuits or something similar for his daycare as they are fantastic and really love him.
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 9:48pm
I do but its getting a bit much with DS in daycare and kindy and DD in daycare this year. When it was just DS I gave the teachers little packs with lipgloss, bath stuff etc in, the next year I did wine for them. Last year I just did a present for the main carers and big box of chocolates to share for all of them I think, as it was DD and DS in by then. I didn't get around to doing anything for the kindy ones last year though. This year I have 4 teachers in DS's room (no key carer at that age), 3 main ones in DD's room plus her key carer from babies room who looked after her most of the year and she adores so will include her, plus 5 kindy teachers! I'm getting the kids to paint white noodle boxes (got them for DS's b'day party when I had to buy extra) and have got bath bombs and mini nail polishes to put in them (from Postie quite cheap). Theres too many of them to do anything more this year!

Love the sunflowers!! Might steal that idea for kindy instead of the same as daycare, or for DD's key carer from the baby rm.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 8:31am
I think this yr I am going to bake cookies & get the kids to decorate them & then wrap up a few in cellophane & ribbons & they can do cards. I have cut down my xmas budget so will not be spending heaps on teachers.
rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 11:09am
I think I might give them a book for the book corner. I think ds3 will be finishing his daycare this year as its a bit far to drive now that ds2 is in a local school. there is a daycare here.
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 5:43pm
I"m not sure about daycare & what I'd do but from the other perspective....

I look after a little girl, last year I got her to do a present for her parents this year I've bought a present for her and I will get her to do something for her Mum again, not sure what yet.

I wouldn't expect anything in return so anything received is nice cause then you know they appreciate you??? I also don't expect anything cause she sees stuff for my boy through out the year & says oh C will like this so gets it for him.

I would say it do what your relationship with your caregiver dictates, if it's purely just a caregiver/child relationship then maybe get the child to do a card or something? but if you get on well with them then maybe do a little more? Maybe something like a potted plant or even a cherry tomato or strawberry plant in a pot???

I used to get my caregiver for my daughter something every year, she invited my daughter to her kids birthdays etc, if you think about it they grow up like siblings, especially if they've been there from a very young age.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Guest_65111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_65111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 1:42am
Well I usually tend to gift Christmas presents to the providers every year since about four now. Mostly it is either a hamper filled with a variety of self baked Christmas cookies or we sometimes work together with a wine delivery in uk who brings the bottles directly to the houses, which is very nice when they receive a package at home with the comfort of not having to carry it all back home or with them the whole day.

Sometimes we use a singing delivery service that send people with the gifts to the houses singing Christmas songs.
 Post Reply Post Reply