FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp/advice wanted E2 levels.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help/advice wanted E2 levels.
    Posted: 01 December 2011 at 8:22am

Hi all,

I am doing my first injectable cycle of OI, my E2 levels have rising and fallen over the last 15 days with no follicular growth between my last two scans, largest follicles barely making 10mm.( My LH however has been rising slowly but steadily). My doseage has only just been raised last night (by 25IU) and my next BT and scan are on Monday, at which point I will be day 20 and possibly have this cycle cancelled due to poor response or doseage upped again. My concern is that with my erratic E2 levels (my BT yesterday shows my E2 is now lower than than it was on my CD7 test) that even if this recent slight doseage increase were to stimulate growth of the follicles that they probably would be fairly poor quality. I can only find info about IVF cycles but they pretty much all say that if E2 levels were to drop after about 8 days of stimulating the cycle would generally be cancelled due to poor egg quality... I imagine in therory the same would apply here???

I do not ovulate on my own but during monitoring in the diagnostic stage I could produce higher E2 levels unmedicated! (Tried clomid but unresponsive). I'm really scared to continue a cycle, concieve and then potentially miscarry due to low quality eggs, and think I'd rather have my cycle cancelled. However am also on public funding and wonder how this might effect things going forward.

I know they have to take a conservative approach so as not too over stimulate, but was really frustarted to find my levels had dropped the first time and to not have had even a moderate dose increase at that point.

Has anyone else experienced dipping E2 levels and what approach was taken in regards to that? Any advice, help or feedback much appreciated.

Maju

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply