FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAbout to start puregon - any advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About to start puregon - any advice?
    Posted: 29 December 2011 at 9:54am
I am just about to start Puregon after 2 failed IUI's and one discontinued cycle because of over stimulation on clomid, so just wondering who else has done puregon and any advice/warnings about side effects or anything.

At the end of the day I will put up with any side effects if it finally gives us the baby we have been trying for for over 2 years, but it's nice to go in prepared.
After 2 1/2 years of treatment and IVF my heart was ripped out again when Jeremy was born sleeping at 21 weeks.
Sponsored Links

Janie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 4:28pm
Hi Buttonz, I did two cycles of Puregon injections in August/September. I found the injections a breeze and don't think I had any noticeable side affects, I was possibly a bit hormonal but that could have been from stress!

Our cycles weren't successful, but it appears I might have had a blockage somewhere as I got pregnant immediately following a HSG x-ray in November :)

They will monitor you really closely with blood tests and scans to make sure you aren't producing too many follicles. I think I had a blood test 8 days in a row leading up to ovulation in my 2nd cycle! My E2 level was quite high but I had 3 follicles.

Good luck, I have everything crossed for you and look forward to reading some good news soon

Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 11:38am
Thanks't Janie. Just waiting for day 1 now, fingers crossed this will be the last time, start 2012 off well.

Congrats on your exciting pregnancy and all the best for it. Hopefully I will join your club soon.
After 2 1/2 years of treatment and IVF my heart was ripped out again when Jeremy was born sleeping at 21 weeks.
HuMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:11pm
I did puregon for 8 or so cycles with my son. I found i got a bit depressed on it, usually about day 3 or 4 till the end of the drug cycle. But once I realised this is what it was doing I put a big red smiley face on the calendar on day 3 to remind me it was just the drugs.

I did lose it with my boss on one of the cycles before I realised the side effects it gave me..... but he deserved it. Very effective too, as I'm usually so calm and just go with the flow.

Tasi45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasi45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:10pm
just major constipation, other then that it was fine!
Maju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 9:11pm
Hi Buttonz!
I am about to start my 2nd round with Puregon, first cycle cancelled due to poor response. I never got any real side effects but also wonder if that was because it wasn't really doing anything even after 20 days of jabs?! Although physically I didn't have any issues with side effects or giving the injections themselves,what did help emotionally was that my husband was there with me for every injection. He also got all the medications out of the fridge ten minutes before we needed them etc. It helped me to feel as if we were both on this journey together and also for DH to appreciate a bit better what this journey was like for me. He is now convinced that I am part pin cushion however.
I hope puregon does the trick for you and you get that beautiful bundle you dream of.
AFM we are adding another drug this round Pregnyl, hopefully we will be in those due in .... threads together soon.
Maju
 Post Reply Post Reply