FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>
Author
MakeItWork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 3:52pm
Yay for having your scan booked Peaches. It seems weird that they have to do an internal to check your cervix. They measure mine each time I have a scan as they have to monitor it closely and they do it fine without having to do an internal. Maybe they will change their minds if they get a good clear shot on the external one.

Sorry to hear your MS is still pretty bad, I hope it gets better soon. I would be careful drinking V when preggy though. I am biased because I think those drinks are poison anyway and would never touch them but don't forget they contain caffeine amongst other things that should be limited at the very least. I believe they have also been known to raise the baby's heart rate really high so I would stay clear if you can.

Edited by MakeItWork - 16 October 2012 at 3:56pm

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Our beautiful girl sadly born sleeping April 2012

Sponsored Links

peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 4:26pm
They have to do it because of my colposcopy and biopsy history to make sure I don't need a suture to hold my cervix closed.

As long as I only have a small can every now and then I don't see a problem with V its the same as having a couple of coffees a day (which I don't drink) being the 5th I'm a bit more relaxed with food etc this time around. I know what's a no no and whats ok. Should know it all off by heart this time lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 6:28pm
Yeh Peaches that's why they look at my cervix too, they just don't have to do an internal to do it.

I think it's more the other ingredients in V rather than just the caffeine that make it high risk but if you're happy to drink it that's your call. I'm just not prepared to take any risks here, for me nothing is worth it.

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Mintyfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 10:12pm
Fiwi mum - oh no! I hate lurkers that figure out it may be someone they know and take it off forum, it would be fine if they let you know they suspect and kept it a secret with you, but most are not that tactful :(

The private board would be great - I would love it if it was a part of this message board so I didn't have to navigate away to check each board, I wonder if Angie would do that?

Peaches - if drinking V makes you happy, then why not. I have been craving it (haven't had one in over 2 years!) but have restrained myself so far, but I did have souvlaki with salad and a yoghurt sauce - naughty, but amazing!!

So I looked up how to feel for your uterus, and I can feel it - this hard lump like an orange that has moved quite a lot since I first felt it on Saturday - it has moved about 1 inch so far, I am so excited! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 9:27am
Wow minty that's great that you can feel that already!! I can't feel mine yet and it was around 13 weeks last time so you must be growing a nice big strong bubba in there!!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Hayley84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayley84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 1:55pm
i can feel my uterus too :)
Heartburn started apearing the last few nights so horrible but im thinking its a good sign and it was just too early for the dr to hear the babies heartbeat on his silly ancient doppler!! - just under a week till my scan now YAY! so nervous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 2:03pm
I think my uterus has a tendency to lean backwards so that might explain why I don't feel it very early.

It never ceases to amaze me how different all our bodies are! I guess it makes this crazy journey all the more interesting!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Pepsicle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 3:00pm
Hi Ladies :) If anyone wants to join the FB group PM me your name and details of your profile pic and I'll add you :) It's a secret group so nobody will know ;)

Josh 08/04/04
Angel baby 09/05
Harry 18/12/06
Liliana 03/01/10
Angel baby 05/12
JaneyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 3:27pm
Thats Crazy I wouldnt even know where to begin to feel my uterus!!!!! Am just counting down til my scan on the 23rd!!!!
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 3:50pm
HI ladies, just popping in to say hi. Had what we thought was our 12 week scan today and it puts us back at 11 weeks so i am now due on the 8th May 2013.

Thought i would come in get to know you ladies :)

LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 4:11pm

When does your uterus start popping out of the pelvis?
I have my fist MW appointment next week Im hoping she will try and find the heartbeat otherwise I will be tempted to buy a doppler to hear it myself

Im keen to join the FB group Pepsicle will PM you now also dont mind if a private group is set up here too for those who dont use FB, has anyone contacted admin to get one set up??

TTC for 4 1/2 years
IVF #1 - April 2012 short BFP, no frosties
IVF #2 - August 2012, BFP!! 3 frosties!

Smurfette88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfette88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 4:25pm
Welcome Chonny
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 4:52pm
thanks ladies :)

younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 7:14pm
Freaking out a bit today. I'm bleeding, only a little and I know everything is probably fine but doesnt stop me worrying. Had midwife appointment this arvo and she reassured me it was ok, but gave me a from for a scan tomorrow to help put my mind at ease.
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 8:20pm
yay for having an early scan Youngin :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 9:21am
Sorry to hear that you are having a bit of bleeding youninin but as your MW has said to you I'm sure everything will be just fine. I know plenty of people who have had bleeding throughout their pregnancies, at times very heavy, and everything has turned out fine! It doesn't make it any easier when you are going through it yourself I know but hopefully the scan will put your mind at ease today and it will ease up soon so that you can relax and enjoy being preggy again

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

dottydot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dottydot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 9:26am
Youngin, hopefully everything is okay - I know lots of people who have bled thru their pregnancies too, and everything is fine.

YAY scan day today!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!
Hayley84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayley84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 9:42am
ohno yougin all the best for you scan - i had bleeding with my 2nd baby freaked me out

yay scan day dottydot :) happy 12weeks let us know how u get on :) and share a pic :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 11:05am
Good luck for your scan today dotty!

I had mine yesterday and everything was looking great. Our little monkey was being so wriggly and wouldn't stop moving - it was so cute! Measurements were bang on for 12 weeks so that was great. Bring on the next one - I love seeing them!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

JaneyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 2:18pm
12 weeks today! bummed I couldnt book in for Scan until Tuesday!! I will just have live vicariously through you guys who have had them for now!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>