FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXmas pressie for 5 yr old ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmas pressie for 5 yr old ....
    Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:25pm
Hi, I know theres a Christmas thread but its very long and may not help with what I'm about to ask (will read it though).

I want to know if anyone has any ideas for a "big" pressie for my 5 year old son? I've done all the kids santa stuff (I do clothes, togs, books (ie stuff I'd get them anyway) plus one bigger toy and a couple of small things and one sweet treat) and then from us we do one big one and a couple of tiny things. Well hubby went out and got my daughter (3) a good bike for her pressie from us .... and now I'm not sure what to get my son that will look as "big". Last year he got a good bike (hence DH's thinking - shes actually alot more interested in riding than he is too and has been riding his old toddler rusty hot wheels bike) and she got a dolls house. The only thing I can think is a big box of lego, but it doesn't seem as impressive as a bike and I don't want tears! Budget is anything up to $300 or so (what he spent on the bike).

any ideas???
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
Sponsored Links

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:04pm
what about a basketball stand, foosball table, race car set, scooter, remote controlled car, pop up tent, Thomas trains...am still trying to sort out my kids so will add more if I think of any

What is he in to?
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 4:36pm
Soccer goal net, water slide and other things that Jazzy has said.

Kids don't understand value so it is not matter if it doesn't cost the same as the bike.
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 3:50pm
Yeah its not the value I was thinking, just the "big" thing. soccer goal is a good idea, or maybe a new scooter (his is a bit rusty from being outside). I also thought a new desk/chair for his room now thats hes at school. Thanks for the ideas.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 7:57pm
Is he arty? Mocka have some cool easels.

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:01pm
No, hes not arty - he's into cars, trucks, war type games, anything you build with (lego, meccano, blocks etc) and is sporty.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:31pm
How bout one of those huge Nerf guns then - or a tent or tepee?

Post Reply Post Reply