FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2014 Babies - Welcome!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Julietta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 9:12am
Hello everyone,

I'm here... tentatively. This is my third pregnancy trying for my first baby. I have had 2 early miscarriages this year (both at 4w3d), the second was only 4 weeks ago.

Now it seems I am pregnant again! Got a strong line at 11dpo and an even stronger one at 14dpo.. The lines are darker than the other two pregnancies so I'm hoping this is a good sign!

By my calculations (and FF) I will be due 14th March.

Needless to say, I'm terrified of miscarrying again, I get worried every time I need to go to the bathroom and I'm even dreaming about it! I know I need to find a way to relax but it's really hard!

Anyone got any tips?
I'm now going to read back and catch up on who's in here.
xx
Sponsored Links

Julietta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 9:57am
OK just caught up and wanted to add a few things..

I'm not going to my GP because I went with my first pregnancy and they just gave me a bunch of brochures which I still have. Just called a midwife (the one my sister used) and she seems lovely and is going to meet with me next week to arrange blood tests to confirm everything is OK with the baby and also a scan for a few weeks time to put my mind at rest!

She just said make sure I'm taking my folic acid, try not to work too hard or stress too much! ha!

As for symptoms, I've had really tender breasts since 7dpo, I swear they are more accurate than any pregnancy test! Also have had some cramping, a few times it's been a real stabbing pain, quite scary but I hear that's normal so trying not to stress!

Also a bit tired and demolished a whole packet of salt and vinegar rice crackers so maybe a bit hungry too!!!

Also restless in bed and waking super early in the morning, but that might be due to me worrying.

DH and I won't be telling anyone until we're 6 weeks/hear a heartbeat or get some kind of confirmation that everything's OK. Then it'll just be close family and a few friends.

I feel more protective of this pregnancy than I did with the last one!!
Tlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 10:43am
Good morning ladies!
Firstly congratulations to you all :) I'm due March 2nd with my second and am super excited there will be 16 months between the two. Am going to have bloods done today and scan next week. Can someone tell me how to join the private forum? Thanks
a-jo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a-jo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 2:48pm
I am here tenatively too. #1 for us. Got a BFP yesterday lunch time + another this morning - haha I'll probably check again 2mo! Not too much to report symptom wise. I think I felt 'implantation' the weekend before this one just past. No spotting though. I *thought* I felt a wee pang of nausea this morning - but that I might have just been a jerky early morning ferry crossing. So when do you guys ring your GP? Should I give it a week or so? From my online calculations I should be due on March 14. Still hasn't really sunk in. Wowzas.
Julietta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 2:57pm
Cool a-jo we're due the same day! I think you can go to your GP whenever you want, I went to mine 14dpo (with my first pregnancy) and they were sweet with that, didn't even do another test just took my word for it, gave me a bunch of brochures and stuff to read and told me to call a midwife..
a-jo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a-jo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 3:14pm
Oh Julietta - that's exciting. I *think* that's the right day, perhaps the doc will disagree. It's all rather unbelievable. I think I will book an appointment with my GP next week. I hope you're feeling ok yourself. This forum is such a sweet way to keep in touch with people who might be thinking the same crazy thoughts as you. Glad I found it!
mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 9:12pm
Hi All. I think I'm due 10 March. It's all a bit of a surprise, but as this is #3 you'd think I'd have figured out what caused it by now. We had been TTC for months. Last month I got to day 33 of a 27 day cycle. Just about to test and hello AF. We re-assessed the situation and decided to stop trying. Our lives were moving on, I start a new job next Monday, and 2 lovely kids already. Well anyway.
Day 33 of a 27 day cycle again this month. Got into shower this morning, and realised my breasts were sore. Two BFP later I'm still not convinced it's real (two pack of tests). I'm still a bit unsure of how I feel about it.
Morsel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 9:48pm
Welcome newbies!! We are chatting on a Facebook group for anyone who joins us, details on the private forum. :) http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/topic43416_post5840928.html#5840928 Congrats to you all and hoping for sticky babies!
Morsel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 12:55pm
My links not working. Use the page jump below and go to Private Forums down the bottom of all the others, then select our month. If you have the password, you can get in to it. :)
mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 6:31pm
Can you please PM me the password? Thanks
Tlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 6:41pm
Me too please :) can someone PM me the Password.
GreenOlive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOlive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 7:34pm
I've PM-ed you the password Mummymonster and Tlee Smile
Julietta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 9:48am
Hey guys, is the FB page totally private???
And is this different to the 'private forum'? I'm confused!
*Az* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Az* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 9:55am
confused also!
Morsel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 9:58am
The Facebook page is set to 'Secret', so no one can see you are in it. If it was ever set to "Closed" then people could see you are in it but not what you're writing about in there. It's different to the Private Forum, the private forum is on this site (OhBaby) and is for more private things like posting pics. However, you can't guarantee who's going to be on ANY of the sites/ threads as anyone can ask for the password for either. I have a pseudo account I use on Facebook for these types of things (originally set to check my privacy settings), as I'm not comfortable sharing my full name and pictures of my family until I know people are who they say they are. Everyone seems completely fine on there, but I am quite careful with security, anyone could look my name up in the phone book with full name and location (and since we all share when we're going on holidays, I just like to be cautious, just in case)...until we all get to know each other better. Perhaps you could do the same until you're more comfortable with security? :)
Morsel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2013 at 11:45am
How do we get a ticker? I copied and pasted the UBBCode but it won't show.
naturalmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturalmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2013 at 5:30pm
I know how you feel Julietta,! I am pregnant with baby number 3, but have had 2 miscarriages in the last 15 months, so very nervous, don't really believe I am pregnant yet, I'm sure I will when the morning sickness hits! Currently 4 weeks 3 days pregnant, due date is 17 March.
Trying to stay positive but it's hard!
Wishing you all the best!

Edited by naturalmama - 11 July 2013 at 5:32pm
a-jo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a-jo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2013 at 6:12pm
Hope everyone is having a good week 5. I felt so normal yesterday that I whipped out another test ;o nutter. Very dark, strong line now so I was reassured. I've had weird PMSy type cramps this avo. Makes me nervous but I read its all normal. I just want some more weeks to pass now, to get into a safer zone. Sickie feelings might be reassuring next week. I am heading to my doc 2mo morning. I hope she advises me what to do next!
Julietta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 6:50pm
Thanks naturalmama, all the best for your pregnancy!

Today I've felt really anxious all day, and I think my first 'mood' hit, either that or DH is just being super annoying ha ha. Wish the pulling and cramping would stop.. Feeling stressed!

Felt a bit sickly today though, so that's a good sign at least!

I saw my acupuncturist on Wed night and she thinks everything seems strong and healthy so I'll just keep reminding myself of that. Hope everyone is well x
PaddingtonBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddingtonBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 8:27pm
Hi, I am a newbie ! 4,5 weeks, due mid march, early stages and I have had IVF so feeling a whole lot of mixed emotions. Hoping everything goes to plan. I have had 2 blood tests already and more next week just to check everything is doing what it should. Was our first IVF cycle so we are incredibly lucky to get this far. After a terrible history with pregnancies- ectopics I really hope this is the one !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>