FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtoilet training anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Author
Noisybabe007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noisybabe007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 1:47pm
So glad to have found this thread - just starting to TT with DD - have managed to get her undies that fit, she is telling us when she wants to be changed, and when she has done #2, asks to sit on the potty before a bath - and even the other night, when she wee-d on the floor - came and told us!! Yay!! Exciting!
Sponsored Links

Topkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 1:02pm
Hi ladies I will read back through when I have time just want to join and have a chat about the TT.
This is where we are at DS is 2yrs 5 months he can say wee's and poo's and he love's to put his hand inside his nappy and get the poo out! And rub it between his fingers like play doh When he has no nappy time he will sometimes say wee's as it's coming out onto the floor sometimes he does'nt even notice it's coming out? same with Poo. I tried the three day potty training twice and he just does'nt get it at all I did it down to a tee maybe he's not ready i'm hoping he will just one day start hehe is that wishfull thinking? When I see him in the act I rush him to the toilet (we don't have a potty) but he never finishes in the loo i have tried stickers but he is not fussed. he will sometimes come and tell me when he has done a wee on the floor. Might read back a few pages at-least I will feel better knowing I'm not alone
Rowsieair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowsieair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 8:35pm

Originally posted by Topkat Topkat wrote:

Hi ladies I will read back through when I have time just want to join and have a chat about the TT.
This is where we are at DS is 2yrs 5 months he can say wee's and poo's and he love's to put his hand inside his nappy and get the poo out! And rub it between his fingers like play doh

Oh dear, My oldest ds is 2yrs 3 months and is almost like that - almost in the way that he is mortified if he gets poo on his hand and screams the place down!!!

Haven't tried properly anything yet but he has been introduced to the potty, and it's one where the seat is removable and can be put on the toilet seat, so he's sat up there with a footstool, too. 

Just starting to think maybe he's almost ready for a proper attempt at ppotty training so found this thread.  May get some time now to read back a few pages and pick up some tips

FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:00am

OK, we started TT on sat this week and so far great progress in some ways.

Leading up to this every night before bath DH put him on the toilet, for weeks nothing then in the last few weeks he would wee every night and we'd make a big fuss.

I told him all week leading up to saturday that there would be no more nappies on saturday and how great it would be.

So on saturday we took him to the toilet every 20 mins or so and if DH took him he would go and we had a great day, same with sunday, but if I took him he just got cross.

Monday came, of course DH is back at work, so we had an accident as he just wouldn't go for me, then I managed to time it right, he couldn't hold on so had to go on toilet for me and has been fine with me since, so at home so far he is dry - but we are having to tell him, which means I am keeping an eye on the time and when he last drank etc.....

Poos are another story, he has always been intensely private about pooing, so at the moment he asks for a nappy and runs and hides behind the curtain, I am happy to let this carry on for a bit until we have the wees sorted.

So couple of questions, are we doing the right thing, if we are always reminding him and he does go, will he learn what it feels like so he tells us he needs to go eventually??

Also he went to daycare yesterday and would not wee for them, no big surprise he was so shy with me at first too, just wondered if anyone elses kids were like this??

Finally - he has never wanted to use the potty, so he has a small seat on the toilet, but he cannot get on and off it himself - do I try and teach him how or what??? I tried just putting him on without the little seat but he freaked out about falling in.

][/URL]

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 3:59pm
DS is fully trained during the day, which is good, excpet that he doesn't go to the toilet until the very last minute. He could hold on all day if he i'd let him. Its straing to drive me nuts. I have to physically take off his pants and sit him on the loo before we go out if you ask him if he needs to go, he says no and then 5 minutes later he's screaming that he needs to go.

and on the odd time he does need to go he runs up yells he ned to do wee's/poo's and demands I take his pants off for him he won't do it himself even though he knows how. 

Gahhh!!!

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

JuliaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 7:58pm
Found this thread interesting as i had just talked to my parents about how they trained me when i was little. Hard to believe but apparently by using a lot of positive reinforcement and hourly sitting down on the potty i was tt by three months. Of course not for nights but during the day i must've been able to somehow communicate the need to pee/poo. I'd love to do the same training with my baby to come. Has anyone else here had experience with very early tt?
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:16pm
Julia, have a chat to Kellz, I know she did EC with her son. Otherwise google Elimination Communication, there is heaps of info out there about it

readyforanother? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote readyforanother? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 9:13pm
Does anyone have any tips? DD is 2 and 8 mths and has been TT'd trained since last summer, age 2, for day time. I've always put her in a cloth or pull up nappy for naps and nighttime though. I'm using pullups at night in the hopes she'll be able to start going toilet herself at night, but usually I help her. She usually starts to cry at night until I go in, and she says she needs to go toilet, most of the time she goes wees, unless she's done it too many times close together. The problem is that on some nights lately she is doing this up to 4 times a night, and like tonight, did it from when I put her to bed at 7, 4 times before 7.30pm. I guess that might be a way of delaying sleep but she is usually a very good sleeper. The middle of the night stuff is tiring though. (I always take her when I go to bed at about 10pm and she goes wees then) I guess if she's not sleeping well she may wake up and think she needs to go but she's quiet usually so I can only assume she is sleeping okay. Her door is usually closed as we have a small house, but maybe I need to open it, put her in knickers and leave her to it...then we'll have issues of her getting up and staying up I guess...what do you think? I get really tired on those nights she wants to go lots. She seems tireder in the day too after those nights. She doesn't say it hurts or anything...
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 7:50am
Well DS2 is toilet training. He tells us when he wees on the floor and when hes going poos and he discovered the potty though at first he'd just sit on it for 30 seconds then cheer for himself lol but then he did a wee in it and it kinda clicked so we've left him without pants and we're directing him to the potty every 30-40 minutes. Hes now got the hang of sitting there til he does wees which is sometimes 1 minute sometimes 15 then he gets up points and claps lol so its quite easy. DS1 trained the same way so I'm pretty stoked since I did wonder if this time would be alot harder. If we don't remember to direct him to the potty he'll run into another room and wee on the floor then come back and tell us but we're only a couple of weeks into it and hes not even 2 yet. Yesterday he had a nappy-free morning and we had 3 wees in the potty and one accident when I forgot to remind him so its a good start.
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 3:53pm
I'm proud of my DD today! She finally told me poos before she needed to! She's 2yrs 3mths. We have to use pull ups at creche but she doesn't go while she's there and is always dry and she goes wees when we get home so thats all good. I normally leave the pull up on when we get home as she goes down for a nap not game enough to let her nap without one yet. And today she also ran off to the toilet at playgroup when I asked her if she needed to go. If she says toilet we take her plain and simple. I know sometimes its a game to her but thats ok would rather catch it then not DP even took her into the mens toilet at the shops today! Thats a HUGE step for him lol. I'm hoping by mid summer she is asking to go if she still needs help with her undies and pants but I don't think she will or she takes herself off.

I really didn't expect TT to be this easy... Well it is so far lol. Extra proud that she's doing it before her 3yr old cousin too! Oh and when I was in the shower she was hanging round in the bathroom with me as she does and she told me toilet asked for help with her pj bottoms and I took her nappy off she climbed up on the toilet and went!

Will read the rest of the thread when I shouldn't be studying

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 9:47pm
Toilet training ugh!  My 3 year old just doesn't seem to want to know.  Had two unsuccessful attempts earlier in the year with him in pull-ups, sitting on toilet  -just wouldn't do anything in the toilet so changing pull-ups just like nappies.  So my latest strategy is every fine day that we are at home I'm putting him in a pair of undies and taking him to the toilet every 1/2 hour.  First day, he was dry for 3 hours then 5 minutes after sitting on the toilet he came and found me (I was running the bath for his baby brother) and led me out to the lounge where there was a big puddle - he surely must have felt the sensation to wee while on the toilet 5 minutes earlier!  Second day (was two days later as we only seem to get one nice hot day followed by a wet cold day at the moment) - did same thing, this time about 20 minutes after visiting the toilet, I notice something rather unpleasant trying to escape from his undies (which went straight into the bin, just as well you can get 5 pairs for $10 at the Warehouse).  Weather has gone wet and cold again so I wonder what the next fine day will bring!

Guest_65111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_65111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 4:17pm
Toilet training can really be hard so you have to make it a point to start it at a very young age. It is also hard to let them control it because they can sometimes tend to control it more than the amount of time they should causing it a lot harder for them to get it through.

You have to remember that you have to be cool when dealing with it so you do not make them bad about it. Because once you make them feel you are upset, it will be a lot harder for them to learn.
CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 9:04pm
Hi everyone. We just started toilet training 3 days ago. DS is 2 1/2 years old. We have him in undies or nudie whenever we're at home. He is in a nappy in the morning at daycare (he goes to daycare 3 days per week) and then they put him in undies for the afternoon. He's doing ok. He's done a couple of poos in the toilet and a couple of wees. But we're mostly having accidents. I think Im going to use the wetness liner pull up nappies and see how he goes with those as he's just having too many accidents and there are wee patches all over the carpet. It feels like he's gotten worse as the week has gone on. Will give it another day and then try the wetness liner pull ups.
Has anyone else used those?
Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 10:28am
Hi CarrieMum, I found those Pull-ups were too much like nappies for my boy, sounds like you are off to a good start though if your son has done a few poos and wees in the toilet already.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 5:39pm
We are almost fully trained! Whoop whoop! She is dry 95% of the time just at times when she is having too much fun she forgets but the rest of the time if I ask her while we're out then she does. Dry for naps too! So mainly undies here just use pull ups at creche as they ask that until their fully trained you bring them in pull ups

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 5:16pm
Ok so I need advise after my last post it seems she keeps wetting I don't want to constantly ask her and tell her to go I want her to do it on her own accord and alot of the time she is great will start to go and stop herself then tell me and we go, but how do I get her to consistently go on her own?

With poo she's awesome which is funny as normally its the other way but she keeps wetting herself. What do I do? Keep asking her? Make it more difficult when she does go?

Hmpph I feel like we're steps backwards. She wet herself earlier and didnt say a thing until I walked out to her. I was in our room for 5mins and she just stood and watched tv leaning on the coffee table

mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:24pm
HoneybunsMa, we are in the same position. It's great that she tells you at all as my DD often won't even tell me if she's done a little in her undies. She used to go by herself but we had a setback and now she won't. I am trying to stop myself asking if she needs to go, and instead reminding her to tell me when she needs to go. The other thing we have are set times when she has to 'try' - before we go out anywhere, before her nap, before bed at night- so these times catch a few possible accidents.
Would love it if anyone has any tips though. Nothing in the toilet training books helps.
Jessie10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 9:08pm
HI, has anyone tired the stickers that stick in the loo or potty that a character appears when weed on... i think they are called Weepals??
dipz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dipz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 2:18pm
here is what we did. Last november we kept telling ds that he is a big boy now and soon he will be wearing underwear. Did that for a month and then took him to a mall and he helped us choose the underwear he wanted. Then we got home and he put them in the washing machine and by christmas he started wearing them. The five days during the christmas period we stayed at home and took him to the toilet every few hours. He seemed to have cottoned on , in that we will keep taking him and he needs to do either a poo or a wee. Was not long before he came to us saying "wee time" and it was bang on in accordance with the times we were taking him to the toilet. I guess each child is different but we did not have any issues at all thank god. what we do notice now though is that every time he goes for a poo, he tends to scratch his knees. (DS has eczema)
Remove toxic chemicals from your environment & help keep our families safe.Prevention is better than Cure.Book your presentation today-change the way you shop forever.Mobile:021725219 Skype:naransnz
lightning8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightning8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:45pm
Hi,

I started seriously train my boy 3.5yo now, when he was 3. Been trying when he was 2.5 but stopped because maybe it is very early for him to do that. I just let the time flies & I think that was happened. Just one day he called out 'I go to toilet' I was amazed & so proud of him. Now he is 3.5yo he just go to toilet by himself without telling but when poops time he will shout 'I go poo' lol.

The lesson I learned is to make the potty train easy wait for the time that they are old enough to do it. It will come in right time. as long as we still can afford nappies why not :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>