FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtoilet training anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 3:06pm
with caitlyn i waited until she could make the connection that the "wet stuff" was coming from her, and then i told her that u put it in the toilet, she was about 1 and a half or 2 (good grief im getting forgetful i cant remember when my only child startd going to the toilet) she gets up herself in the middle of the night and goes wees too.

But as for doing number 2s in the toilet? she did the first few times and now has decided she doesnt like to, and shes 5 in june, she'll either go in her knickers or if i notice her going (she gets very agitated and eager for me to go away ) and stick her on the toilet she doesnt go,no matter how long shes there for, shes a really bright girl in all the other ways, her plunket nurse said intelligence wise shes age 5 and a bit so why am i still cleaning poo off her knickers hmmmm?

sorry for the rant esp since caitlyns hardly a toddler
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 3:23pm
i have had nothing .... think it was just wishful thinking before. he doesnt seem to get it or care when he has done poos in his undies. i'll have to keep plodding along i guess.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 9:24am
success at last....

yesterday gabriel came into the lounge and said he had been to the toilet - nothing new in that tho and hubby and i sd thats good... then later i went into the bathroom and there it was in the unflushed toilet... Yay... i did check with hubby tho that it wasnt him..
i was bummed that i didnt get to see him do it tho and give a big hooray and make a song and dance about it... so hopefully it wont be long before he does another in there ...

our poor kids, i wonder what they would say if they knew we discussed their toilet habits online...

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 9:26am
oh - and earlier that day i had popped out and left the kids with hubby and when i came home i found toby with no pants on sitting on the toilet.... so maybe it wont be long before i have no kids in nappies...

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 5:34pm
Go Gabriel! And Toby too!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
PandTsMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PandTsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 8:26pm
In desperate need of help in the toilet training area!! My husband and I are going mad and have tried everything we can think of but have reached the end of our patience now! Please can someone help us? Our 3 year old daughter started her toilet training on 27 Dec last year. The first day was dreadful and every time was an accident. The second day the same, but the third day something seemed to click and she mastered the wees thing quickly. Poos, she was a bit scared at first but after doing it a few times she was fine with this too. Now 2 1/2 months later she seemed to have almost gone back to square one. More with the poos than anything else. But with both things she will hold on and hold on and hold on for ages! She will be doing the toilet dance, holding her crotch and crossing her legs but when asking her if she needs the toilet she says no. So I either have to physically carry her down there kicking and screaming to go or just leave it up to her to go on her own (thought it might be a control thing), but she will sometimes just get there in the nick of time or not. With poos she won't even try and get there anymore, she just does poos in her pants and then tells us, or sometimes won't even tell us and when I ask her she denies all knowledge. I have taken her to the doctor to check there is no bladder infection as to why she doesn't want to go, I have tried backing off and not nagging or showing much interest and have tried the sticker thing again, but NOTHING IS WORKING!!! I have now got so desperate I have put her back in pull ups, because it was stressing me out so much. Can anybody help?!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 9:40am
What age did yu guys start TT? Deb, I know Toby and Jake are around the same age maybe? Jake has, in the last 2 days, just started to "tell" you he needs his nappy changed, he will come to you and pull at the nappy and say "wet", it only happens, though, if the nappy is really full, so I'm thinking maybe putting him back in cloth full time, to encourage the awareness, or is he still a bit young? hhhmmm
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:15am
well i didnt start gabriel proper till he was three. at the mo toby will sit on the toilet and go pssss (the noise we used to make to try and encourage gabriel) and it is so cute. he hasnt done anything on it yet tho and doesnt tell me he is wet. i think it will be easier for toby tho cause he gets to watch gabriel. i dont put him in undies but i do encourage him to get on the toilet when he has no nappy on.

p&ts mummy - i dont really know cause i have had accidents almost every second day with gabriel - most minor but we havent got the poos thing properly sorted yet. All i can suggest is maybe go back to basics. is there something that has knocked her confidence? like a fall in the toilet?

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:16am
Annie - Joey has done a wee in the potty twice now (and lots of times on the floor, hehehehe) I think he is probably too young to tt but he tells me when he has done "peepee" in his nappy and occasionally will tell me before hand so I can help him get on the potty. I just fgured since it's so nice and warm and he i running around without a nappy on most of the time I could just leave the potty there and see hwat happens - ne pressure :) Seems to be ok so far but not expecting him to realistically (sp?) be out of nappies anytime soon...

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 1:08pm
Annie I'd delay it just for yours and Charlotte's sake... that's because I started TTing Hannah when Briona was 2 weeks old and it was a bit much with so much bfing and on-call tting as well.

But in saying that, Briona is starting to get it as well. She has learnt the word "poos" and usually it just means something is in her nappy, but in the last couple of days she will sometimes tell me soon before she does poos. I might have some winter TTing coming up I guess.
rug_nz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rug_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 11:31pm
Hey, just wanted to know if anyone TT early, any tips from here.

Ash has been using a potty for #2s since 5 months old (only had about 5 dirty naps since).

We have just started putting her on the potty at most change times (will do all soon, when get a into g), she does #1s most of the time then.
Look out! It's a man.
SAHD

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 10:13am
I was TT early (10 months and I was out of nappies) but that was 25 years ago and I did live in Oz where the weather was warm enough to not be wearing anything. I would say have the potty out so she can get to it when she wants to.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 1:36pm
Sorry I didn't start TTing Hannah until 20 months and introduced undies at her 2nd birthday.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:51pm
i finally got gabriel to do poos on the toilet the other night... YAY!!!!!

it seems to me if he doesnt have an accident during the day he will wait till he has his nappy on at night... so i refused to put it on until he went on the toilet.

i was very proud...its so weird standing in the loo tho watching him on the toilet, i feel a bit perverted...

anyway heres hoping we might get more on the toilet. and then after that hurdle is crossed we can look at night training...

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 4:03pm
Wooooo! Go Gabriel!
That's cool Deb - now you know he CAN do it and it is a matter of battling his will

Hannah has regressed in a huge way since starting creche 4 days. It's driving me frigging mad.
I think it is because creche take her to the toilet every hour or so, and she doesn't have the opportunity to recognise when she is feeling 'full' and take herself off to the toilet (she was doing this previously - for the WHOLE of summer!). I absolutely refuse to go back to nappies tho as it just seems pointless (unless someone gives me lotsa money so I can buy a whole new nappy stash). She does poos fine in the toilet and will run there and climb on herself... it's just wees. The other day she had a whole day of accidents. Not one single wee in the toilet. ARGH!!!!! I have to pretty much re-train her every single weekend.

Sorry, just had to vent.

I guess I'm pissed off because she initiated this toilet training session rather than me... so I thought we were home free!

Anywayyyyy... some good news is that she has been dry at night for the last 4 nights! She is dry most nights but has only reached 4 nights in a row a couple of times. I don't wanna get my hopes up yet... especially seeing as days are going so badly, but still! Yay!

Edited by nikkiwhyte
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:46pm
Jake has had a "poo breakthrough" - can't take much credit for it though as it was more luck. he likes the splash sound and to wave goodbye (that sounds gross, but hey!). tried him on no naps for naps - no go. he wet the bed and got REALLY upset about it. so naptime nappies I think for a while longer.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 10:04am
nikki could you speak to daycare and ask them not to take her every hour... or maybe it is related to other stuff that is going on?, a lot has happened in her world lately.

i had a wee break through today too...

i had been doubting wether gabriel was really getting it but this morning i know he has. he was still wearing his night nappy at brekkie time (cause i dont feel well) and half way thru he got down from the table and said "go toilet" and took his nappy off... i listened outside the door and boy he could have had a horse in there with him. i was so proud tho cause that is the one time he could have just gone and i wouldnt have known about it - so now i know it really has clicked...so maybe the poo thing wont be too far off now either....

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 10:34am

I was going to say the same about the daycare. You can ask them to ask her if she needs to go not just take her there. She needs to feel that she needs to go so she can take herself there.

We had some slight problems with Andrew once Josh was here. More the nighttime problems. So now when I get up with Josh to have a feed I get Andrew up to go to the toilet before I go back to bed so we don't have a wet bed. DH wanted to put him back in pullups but I stuck my ground and told him we were not going back to them. Andrew will go straight to the toilet when he gets up in the morning which is one good thing.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sunflowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunflowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 11:31pm
Quote But then you have days like yesterday... where Hannah had poos on her hand and her foot but no "pile" to be found. I am dreading the day I find this mystery poo. I'm hoping like hell she was just playing with it because if I find a month old log in my wardrobe I will not be a happy camper.

OMG this is so funny

I'm just lurking here as my DD always say "mummy, POO , POO" after she has done a poo and starting to think about training her when she turns 2.

tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 9:32pm
i am about to start tt miss two but i really need some help. our girl was two at the begining of the year and she knows when she needs to go as she stands by the bathroom but she is terrified of sitting on the potty or the toilet.she gets really upset so we left but she stil stands by the bathroom if she needs to go and she loves to follow and watch other other people go to the loo(our guests last night got a big fright) and she says poos and wees but i dont know what to do about the scared of sitting bit???and help please. i dont wanna put her in undies until she isnt scared of sitting on the potty or toilet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>