FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLoot Bags???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loot Bags???
    Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:28pm
I'm currently organising Andrew's 3rd birthday. He's having 3 friends and we are taking them to McDonalds then to the in laws to have his cake and they can play there for a bit. Should I do loot bags for them? My friend said I should do some games and make sure all the children get a prize instead of the loot bag. What do you think??
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:38pm
Its upto you!! I would go for loot bags and this way all the kiddies get the same thing and every one is happy. What if 1 kid wins all the games?? LOL

And loot bags are sooo fun to put together.

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:49pm
I personally don't like all the (no offence!) crappy toys that seem to be in loot bags.. I do like the idea of loot bags, but as kids we were given a piece of birthday cake in the bag, a few lollies and sometimes my aunty used to make up sherbet bags with straws.

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:56pm
If you really want to you can make loot bags. But I wont do it for every party. My opinion is still out on loot bags. I mean the kids are coming for a party and will be eating lots of stuff ect. No need for a loot bag.

But that is totally up to you.

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 2:23pm
For Jaydens birthday we Played games and gave them all a plastic gold medal from the warehouse for playing and they loved it. I didn't want to give prizes in case one won them all or due to age the others got upset.

As far as loot bags went I brought bags of party toys from countdown which were $10 each and had four each of the following : Bubbles, periscope, yo-yo, ball and a mini recorder, they were all good quality and the kids loved them.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:11pm
$2 shop has a great range of stuff for loot bags and its only $2.....I am planning to do loot bags for Zaara's 2nd birthday party!!...and I am planning already! LOL

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:02pm
I dont want kobe to expect a loot bag but to be honest i love making them up. We did a train theme for his party this year so found train whistles, balloons, thomas tattoos etc... it was so much fun but then i love organising and doing things like that. And yeah some of the stuff may be crappy little things but the kids love them and thats what matters to me.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:52pm
I've done them for Maya's first and second, her third and fourth (and I still can't believe she's 4!) she had at McD's and Chipmunks who provided them.
$2 shop is great, and I got some great vials of bubble mixture at the Warewhare really cheap too.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by my2angels my2angels wrote:

And yeah some of the stuff may be crappy little things but the kids love them and thats what matters to me.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't appreciate people making them, it's just with a small house, more little things to step on and break lol

The bubble mixture is a great idea though! I will keep that in mind

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 6:56pm
Alyssa just had her birthday on the weekend and i made up little loot bags with a freedo and a milky way bar, bubble mix, stickers, notepad, pencil, slinky, balloon and i think that was it. As her birthday was on sunday we also did a treasure hunt where all gulp 17 of the kids found a little parcel hanging on the tree with easter eggs in.

I think its good for the kids to get a loot bag when they leave a party cause it means hopefully they protest less to their parents about having to go.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 7:50pm
Man i know what you mean about the little toys everywhere. we have a whole storage box full of those little mcdonalds type toys. Half the time i throw them out after a little while.
Last year my sister got some cute buzzy bee plastic cups and just filled them with some lollies, balloons, stickers and bubbles which was a great idea and the cup is still one of kobes favourites. Any my friend cot some firemen helmets from the $2 shop and just filled the head part with some bits and peices. Both good ideas cos whats left is a good decent thing to use and or play with.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:09pm
loot bags arent necessary - balloons and bubble mix and they will all be happy.

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:40pm
Yeah see that's what I meant All the ideas on here sound great. stickers are always good too.. and kids love balloons!

I have a different idea for my loot bags, I'm not sharing though until after Ellas bday hehe

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 11:16pm
If you're going to McD's then I wouldn't bother cause they'll get enough stuff and/or "special" food anyways. But maybe that's student mentality lol. I'm hesitant to do loot bags because I think that if I do it once I'll be doomed to doing them forever! But now that I've written that, it sounds silly
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 11:40pm
Over here its nuts how elaborate the loot bags are. For one party DD got a polarfleece bag with her name EMBROIDED on it, inside was a mini farm set in a pot, lollies, cake, bubbles, sunglasses, party hat, stickers and a little doll. They were all really good quality toys and since she was one of 30 kids it must have cost the parents a fortune! I was so shocked when we got it home and looked inside- I felt bad as it would have cost the same as the gift we got the birthday girl

For DDs 3rd birthday I ordered mine online- they were all done up and ready to go. I think since those places order in bulk they can get stuff alot cheaper than you could buying them seperately.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 9:16am
I find that we always have half the birthday cake leftover, and that it ends up in the rubbish - so shoving a piece for each child to take home is a great way to use that all up.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 9:53am
The last couple of birthdays i have been to, they have given the kids a cupcake each to take home. One they had the kids decorate their own and then put in a cellophane bag and the other they had boy and girl ones ready to go.
Very cool and the kids and parents loved it!

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 7:29pm
I do like the cup idea with bubbles and balloons in them. We are just going to McD's for lunch no McD's party (after I found out the charges and at what time you could have the party grr ) and then to the in-laws for cake.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply