FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWest Auckland Play Groups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mumof1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumof1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: West Auckland Play Groups
    Posted: 19 April 2005 at 4:45pm
Does anyone know of any West Auckland Play Groups - where everyone is welcome, and you don't have to be of a specific age or race to attend.

What I am looking for is a 1-2 hour per week session, no fuss (less structured) play group, where the focus is on the kiddies having fun while the mums chill & chat.

Any tips greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 5:30pm
Hi there, I belong to the parentscentre playgroup in whangarei. They have them all over the country. You pay a yearly membership to belong and you also get their cool magazine every couple of months. here is the link to the web page. you can enquire there.parents centre

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Mumof1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumof1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:20am
Thanks Angelnz. Local parents centre is posting me something out so will see how we get on.

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 12:07pm
Oh cool, glad to be of help. ALyssa loves the playgroup. Very relaxed and no chores like you have with playcentre

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 8:09pm
I am finding Playcentre a real mission atm, so much work and responsibility. If Maya didn't enjoy it so much I would seriously consider chucking it in and finding a playgroup.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 8:20pm
yep i just couldnt be bothered with it anymore. Our playgroup rents a playcentre now, on their off day.so we have access to all their toys etc. Its great.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Mumof1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumof1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 9:24pm
Thanks for these comments. I was beginning to wonder if I was being a bit "precious" about the whole Playcentre thing.

I think some sort of playgroup will suit me and my little man much more.

Thanx.
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 7:47am
Hey mumof1 how did you get on?

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Mumof1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumof1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 10:25pm
Good thanks! Tho we are still waiting for something to be sent out from Parents Centre..., we have now started going to a local community-run play group. Little One having lots of fun!

(Sorry, been a long time between log-ons...)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2005 at 7:51am
Great to hear. Thats pretty slack that you havent received anything yet from parents centre though.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

gytsrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gytsrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Mumof1 Mumof1 wrote:

Does anyone know of any West Auckland Play Groups - where everyone is welcome, and you don't have to be of a specific age or race to attend.

What I am looking for is a 1-2 hour per week session, no fuss (less structured) play group, where the focus is on the kiddies having fun while the mums chill & chat.

Any tips greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Hi there! I live in West Auckland (West Harbour) and go to a 2 hour playgroup each week. It costs $1 to go and it's every Thursday morning from 9.30am - 11.30am! Let me know if you want more details!
Mummybrain - For parents!
Mumof1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumof1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2005 at 9:21pm
Thanks gytsrik, you're a star

We have started attending a playgroup twice a week in our area, and we are having a lot of fun!

And I finally got that information from Parents Centre - I probably shouldn't have been so "aggresive" earlier, I think they were waiting for Term 2 to start before sending me the info...
 Post Reply Post Reply