FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe tantrum of the year!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The tantrum of the year!
    Posted: 24 April 2005 at 11:03am
Last night my beautiful little baby chucked a full blown wobbly like I have never seen before. I mean, she is quite strong willed by nature, but this one was a career-maker. She wanted to undress herself, and after 15 minutes of waiting for her I undressed her and showered her. She screamed the whole time about wanting to get undressed herself, so I dried her and put her in her room where she lay on the floor naked and continued to scream for another half an hour. Full on screaming, she was sobbing and made herself vomit. I was so shocked, I have never seen her so cross. In the end she calmed a little bit and we compromised - I let her put her PJ's on herself, and then take them off again, and then put them back on, and she was asleep before she hit the pillow, but I took a bit of recovery time! I guess I am definitely the mum of a two year old now!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 12:54pm
ohh the joys aye. Yep Alyssa has seen the inside of her room ALOT lately. I tell she can come out when she is going to be a good girl. Takes a while but she comes out when her little fit is over and says . I good now.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 3:02pm
Just wait til they hit 3!!! Angie was never a tantrum thrower thank goodness as she is really logical (strange I know). But 3 is a lot harder! A lot of mothers at playcentre have found it with their 3 yr olds as well, especially the girls. Angie will now storm off to her room and slam the door. She comes out soon enough though saying that she is going to be a good girl now. Til the next time......
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 7:54pm
Maya is very verbal, which is good in some ways, she can use full sentences and has a huge vocabulary, but she doesn't have the whole logical sequencing thing yet. She can express what she wants (in no uncertain terms ) but she can rationalise it or really understand compromise yet. But I suppose we'll get there.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 12:55pm
ooo atleast it wasn't in the supermarket!
give thanks for small blessings!
kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 4:17pm

I thought it was just the terrible two's not three's as well.  Blair can throw the wildest tantrum and i just shut him in his room or send him out on the farm with his farther that normally shut's him up. 

I hope by the time Blair turns 3 he will be over throwing tantrums or i'm gona have my hands full with him and twins, oh well i guess that's what nana's are for.

Nicky08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 6:28pm
haha hey kel at least u no grannys always willing!
http://nickybeeching.bebo.com
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:24pm
Paris threw a nice one yesterday! she hasn't been feeling the best, but we went out yesterday to get her a new jacket for daycare. she spent her time running around the isles of clothes at the shops.. followed closely by mike or me.. which she thought was great.. then when i went to try stuff on her, she packed the biggest mental ever, screaming stomping, and doing that nasty icky thing they do - stickingout their tongue, acting really weird and drooling everywhere..(at least i think i've heard other kids do it.. otherwise my girl's just weird..) it was so embarassing. she acted like a prize nutter and i just thought "oh my god, i don't even want to know what the people around us are thinking" i picked her up and walked out of the shop - and mike went and paid for the stuff. today though, she has decided that her new stuff we bought is just great and we can't get her out of it.. go figure.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 9:44am
Maya doesn't do the tongue thing, but when I call her on the fact that she's crying with no tears she squeezes her eyes really tight trying to make some so she can get some sympathy!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
proudmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:39pm
Jacob hasnt throwen a huge tantrum yet just some miner ones but im sure that they are on there way
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:21pm
In the last few weeks my sweet little girl has turned into a right little monster.  I hope she gets through this quickly.
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

MummyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 10:30am
I have a 19 month old little boy and a 11 week old little girl and my little boy is the tantrum king, hey throws tantrums all the time and i have tried time out, i havve tried putting him in a quiet corner. you name it i have tried it. because i am such a young mother it is so hard and my partner just doesnt seem to understand, please help
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:07am
i think it's just hard no matter what your age mummybear!!!! You have to be strong though. My brother-inlaw has let his kids get EVERYTHING their own way and they are little brats that no one wants to have around. Be strong and know you are doing the right thing for yuour kids...other than that no advice. My littlie is only six months....far far far from tantrums I hope!!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:29pm
It sounds cruel, but I have found the only thing that works with Maya is picking her up and putting her on her bed and then walking away and closing the door. She eventually gives up and either falls asleep, or she gets up and is happy again.

It's hard too when you don't have support, I was on my own with Maya for a long time, but now it's almost worse having Willie around because he gives in to her just to make her shut up! He tells me he can discipline his boys but not his girls...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:49pm
We do something similar with Kiya, where she gets put on her bed and told "You are having a time out. I will be back to talk to you when you calm down." Then we walk away (closing her door if necessary) and go back in 5 minutes.

I've been doing this with her since she was about 20 months old and started throwing tantrums. At that age, I would put her in her cot and go back after 2 minutes, pick her up and cuddle her telling her I loved her lots but I didn't like what she was doing. If she'd calmed down (which she learnt to do quite quickly), then after the cuddle she could come out and play. If she started her noise up again, I would put her back in her cot and tell her that I'd come back when she'd settled down. I'd repeat as often as I needed to, until she was pleasant to be around again.

Edited by becca.l
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 3:18pm
Brianna hasnt started throwing tantrums yet but im sure they are on there way she packs a little pat if she cant have somthing she wants but im sure they will get worse but i do hope not.

Rachel & Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 7:57pm
Paris tends to get told that she needs to go and find something else to do if she starts being silly, i'll say to her "i think you need to find something from your room to do instead of..(whatever she's doing).., what can you find?" usually that's enough to make her go find something different, but if she keeps being silly and does the tantrum thing i will leave her a few mins to pack her wobbly on the ground, then say, "oh, well, I think maybe I might go and see what we can find to do". most of the time, we just tell her that's not how we behave, maybe she should try doing this or this.. that would be better. maybe we are lucky.. she is distracted easily, and most of the time we just suggest she does something different and it's fine. (ie, how about instead of jumping on the couch you get a book and read it on there, or maybe your doll would like a bed on there, and you can feed her a bottle?"

sounds like a big load of bollocks now that i have written it... but hey, it works for us.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 11:15pm
my seven month old has just taken to lying on the floor and squealing extremely loudly when things aren't going his way. I;'m not looking forward to him getting older....and louder!!
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 8:40am
If Xander is packing a tanty them we tend to just leave him there and say oh well...  he stops within a minute and has forgotten wot he was grumpy about.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 3:55pm

Blair was home with his father yesterday cause i had taken the car to get a warrent and i got a phone from my husband saying that Blair had taken his undies off (still trying to toilet train) and rubbed poo's into the carpet, i told him just to clean it up.  He did a good job to.

Then when i get home Blair's bed has been stripped and has no bedding on it i asked why and My husband had put Blair in his room, Blair was crying so much that he made himself sick, then last night Blair decided to rub poo's into the carpet again.  Man i felt as though all i did yesterday was clean i was so glad when he finally went to bed last night.  The joys of being a mum.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>