FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedday sleeps in big bed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:23am
We use Treasures Ultra at night and Maya never soaks thru. I used Huggies when I'm in Australia but didn't find them as good. I think the older they get the bigger the wees, so the wetter they get. The Treasures are expensive, but because Maya only wears a nappy at night, a packets lasts us nearly 3 weeks.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:42am
I found giggles good for a while,then he wet thru so we started using huggies which worked great,then went back to giggles which kept him dry overnight,we have got a packet of basics which seem to be doing the trick most nights.As I said in another post,we are going to droder bulk with having 2 in nappies till Xander is TT,works out a lil bit cheaper in the long run.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:25am
i got an e-mail from diapers express about some cheap nappies they have at the moment called dryups. Ive asked for a sample. They are ment to be day and night. SO will put them on the girls for night time and see how they work. I usually buy bulk nappies. Never had any problems with either the sealer or the Air nappies.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 2:20pm
I had about 6 samples of the different brands and tried them all out on xander overnight and found the drykids premiums to be the best leakwise,pretty cheep too.I think for 108 newborn + 96 XL +postage it works out to be roughly $85-$90 buks which does newbies nappies till she grows outta them and maybe last Xander a couple of months? never really thought bout the whole bulk thing till recently(maybe its cos of having 2 in nappies?)
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:24pm
let us know how the dry ups go - i was curious about them too...

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:29pm
For what it's worth: when Kiya broke her arm just before christmas, we'd only been out of nappies at night for a couple of weeks. As we couldn't guarentee she wouldn't wet the bed, and we wanted to keep the cast dry without sending her to bed in a plasic bag we put her back in nappies.

We'd been using Treasures Giggles, and they'd been fine... the hospital had Huggies, so we used those while she was in overnight, and took a couple home with us. Kiya liked the Huggies better than the Giggles - she said they were more comfy, and "feel nicer"!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 4:09pm
mm, we use giggles all the time, but have tried the ultra overnight and didn't really find too much difference but that was when she was smaller. may try huggies i dunno - cost is definately a factor!

what amazes me is she even wet through the overnap.. cos she wets so much that it soaks the nappy up to the top.. and it leaks out the back at the top!

last night, i sneakily went and changed her nap before bed.. and managed to do it totally without waking her.. i was cracking up cos it was so funny that she would wriggle around, then stay asleep. like a covert operation. I'm crazy
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 4:14pm
Lol... I've done that to Kiya before, Janine! They are such little wrigglers - until you've finished, then they flop on their backs anddon't move for the rest of the night! Little monkeys!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 4:34pm
haha operation 'dry bum'
you guys make me laugh
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 7:45am
Well used the dry ups on both the girls overnight. And they worked well. No leaks and they felt better than the sealers do in the morning too!

I get up and feed Jayde in the night but dont change her. As that wakes her then i have trouble. So the nappys are full in the morning.

Becca, Following what you did with Kiya I too asked Alyssa about these new nappies when i put them on. She said that they didnt feel as nice as her normal schnappies, but that could of been how i asked the question. On saying that they do seem to be not as soft in texture. Anyway because of the price i still think they are a fantastic buy. If anyone else has tried them would be glad to hear what you think too!

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12