FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMayo Chocolate Cake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:32am
best food mayo...yummmooo with some sweet chilli sauce mixed in with hot chips...

really yummy in toasted wraps with bbq sauce...

love it on salads...oh and its really yummo over boiled potatoes or a little bit over corn on the cob.

hmmm can we spot the bestfoods mayo addict here.....oh and btw the best food lite mayo is AWFUL...DO NOT BUY IT...lol

Sponsored Links

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:59am
Well not sure what went wrong with my cake, it is all stodgey and tastes gross. Maybe it was the mayo, I only had ETA, might have to go and get some best foods mayo seeing everyone is raving about it!
emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 11:09am
I made this yesterday with Best Foods Mayo, took it around to my in-laws for dessert and it was YUMMY!!!! Served with a little creme fraiche it was a perfect dessert. Definitely made it to my recipe book. (And it only took two minutes to throw the ingredients together - excellent!!!) Many thanks.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 11:13am
You have to use no miracle whip mayo....not standard otherwise it wont work.
No miracle whip is a lot lighter and fluffer than standard mayo. I am sorry but and I am not sure if it actually says on the jars if it is no miracle whip or not.
We have always use the Best Foods as it is always in our house and that is no Miracle whip.

ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 12:17pm
i made it with pams american style mayo which is cheaper and it was really yummy. i don't know what miracle whip is so i don't know what to look for

emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 3:47pm
Yep, SR american style mayo is pretty much the same as best foods and HEAPS cheaper

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 8:49pm
Well I am going to have a look at that one....will give it a go with DP as he goes through it like no bodies business...thanks for the tip!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:10pm
I like the squeezy bottle tho, no dirty knives getting put back in a jar, and primo for sammies..
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:49pm
i understand now, its called no miracle whip, i thought you were saying not to use miracle whip...duh!

will add some to the shopping list and try this cake then. we dont normally buy it - i tried it once and thought it was horrible, not like the mayo i normally use and like.

Edited by gandt
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 5:44pm
best food mayo is disgusting...but this cake is yummmmm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 1:13pm
Oh well at least the cake was yum!
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 1:58pm

I'm supposed to be on a Diet but had to try this cake just because the recipe sounded so strange and we had some best foods mayo. Didn't tell my girls what it was made of because one of them gets pretty fussy about food. They both loved it. Me too !! I'm trying not to eat it though, hopefully the girls will finish it after school and the temptation will be gone.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 2:16pm
Have to buy some Best Foods Mayo with the shopping and try it at home tonight. Real mayo is made from oil and eggs so really no reason why it shouldn't make nice cake. I noticed the recipe doesn't have eggs or milk so guess the mayo is used in place of them.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 6:28pm
bump....

Gwen_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 6:30pm
Thanks Deborah, hmm sounds yum and I have the bestfoods mayo, might make it tomorrow
We're in America for 3 months with Mummy and Daddy!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 2:14pm
just bumping this so i can find it for gabriels birthday cake on sunday...it was such a hit for tobys 2nd birthday!   

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:05pm
here it is!!!! i use it for all my birthday cakes now!

lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:32pm
Awesome! Thanks heaps
jayarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 2:51am
I really like cakes . I think this is great . I'll try this one . :)
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 8:36am
OMG Mayo in a cake... YUM! haha but I'm weird like that. Think I might have to try it...!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>