FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTegel Takeouts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tegel Takeouts
    Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:53pm
I bought some of the chicken patty Tegel Takeouts to make burgers for dinner last night and they rock! They are a whole chicken breast and the crumb isn't too oily or greasy. They did take a little longer to cook than the packet said but overall I was very impressed! And they are on special at Countdown for around $8 which is cheaper than some of the Inghams ones, and IMO better!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:14pm
the thai ones are beautiful emma, both my kids LOVED them...although they generally eat anything, but really nice as homemade burgers...stupid gisborne, no countdown....
Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:15pm
Sounds Delish!!!

Did you cook them like they do in the ad... (Panini press or George Foreman grill) or did they go in the oven or the frypan??
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:37am
They are yummy!! I just put them in the oven and fanbake them. THey are nice in a panini with a bit of camembert and barkers apricot and capsicum relish and red onion and mushroom mmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhmmmmmm
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:37am
Yummy, I did our shopping yesterday but I might make a special trip to Countdown tonight to try them.
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:37am
mmmmmmm.....YUM!!!! I have tried the Thai ones and the Cornchip coated ones and I have to say - whilst both are yummy the cornchip ones ROCK!!!! I ate the whole packet - not all in one sitting though, last week for various dinners - Dh went to have some in the weekend and opps they were all gone

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 3:16pm
I cook mine in a sandwhich press and they dont seem to take so long as in the oven.
we use them for home made hamburgers with bacon and pineapple (my lower fat version of burger kings hawian bk burger) and also cut them up and put them on a salad with some mango dressing is yummy too.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by my2angels my2angels wrote:

I cook mine in a sandwhich press and they dont seem to take so long as in the oven.
we use them for home made hamburgers with bacon and pineapple (my lower fat version of burger kings hawian bk burger) and also cut them up and put them on a salad with some mango dressing is yummy too.

LOL- that is funny; only cause we make the burgers exactly the same way for the exact same reason!! Aren't they great!!!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:22pm
They are great.  I also make wraps.  Mash Advocado, lettuce, cheese and slice the chicken up, with home made mayo in burrito flat bread stuff.  YUMMMMMMMMMM.
Harlan Drew DOB: 06.12.06 & Stepmum to Ethan & Christian, DOB: 25.02.99
tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 9:55am
*drools*
i am doing my shopping on tuesday so i will keep a eye out....they sound really really yummy.
i like the healthy burger version...i love the bk burgers, and the wraps sound very good but i would leave the avo out and put in tomato and use ranch dressing...
the thai ones arent spicy are they???
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 1:02pm
put it this way, my one year old and two year old ate them no problems - more of the flavours of thai rather than a hotness - still a little tingle but not "thai" hot
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 6:02pm
These are sooo yummy. We got some today and had burgers for lunch and they go quite a long way too. Pretty good for the price. I've got the corn chip ones in the freezer for another day and will have to try the thai ones now too.

Thanks for this tip Emma

Edited to say: we did them in our George Foreman Grill and they came out great although they did take a little longer than what the packet said.

Edited by Amber
tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 6:07pm
ok cool. i really dont like hot/spicy foods. i have recently started like curried sausages using the maggi cook in the pot.
sounds like i will definitly be getting some on tuesday...
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 7:29pm
All these new ideas of what to do with them! Willie and Maya had yucky mince stew for dinner so me thinks I will chuck one in the sandwich press and make me a wrap!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:07am
I'm going to the supermarket tonight to check these out! What flavours do they have?

Tara

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 4:53pm
I just did a supermarket burger run, and got some of the chargrilled chicken ones (they were all out of Thai - must be popular!). Will give the verdict tonight!

Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:55pm

Originally posted by ladyluck ladyluck wrote:

I'm going to the supermarket tonight to check these out! What flavours do they have?

Tara

Thai, Chargrill, Snitzel, Mexican - which are yum and the burger ones in the green packet. 

Harlan Drew DOB: 06.12.06 & Stepmum to Ethan & Christian, DOB: 25.02.99
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 8:41pm
We had the mexican corn chip ones last night! So yum!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:30am
We opted for Chargrill as the supermarket was out of the Thai ones. They were awesome. I had one burger and I was stuffed. Mmm homemade guacamole.

2 Thumbs up!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 9:13pm
I did Thai wraps with cheese,salad and ranch dressing last night, yummo!

But Maya moaned that the chicken was too spicy for her
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>