FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfirst name only?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first name only?
    Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:00pm
my 20 month old wont call me mummy...
after having the step son for the first week of the hols, at dinner after he had gone my boy called me by my first name...i was so upset i burst into tears..(baby blues didnt help that tho).
still he wont say mummy, mumma, or even mum. lots of daddy and yells out to him too.
its breaking my heart... i always knew he would break my heart when he got older, but i thought i had a while to go.

Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:06pm
Kids usually copy other kids....so I am sure it is just a phase. He should be back to normal soon. My 3 year old causin use to call her mum by her name, because every body around her called her by her name. But now she is calling her Mummy.

May be you should ignore him when he calls you by your name and only respond when he calls you mum(my)...he should soon get the point.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:50pm
yep that's a great idea, or explain that your stepson calls you that because you aren't his mummy, but that he should call you mummy.

Paris calls me mummy, but she calls her dad any number of things, from mike, michael or daddy. if she's tired it's dad, if she's being silly it's mike and if she's trying to be angry with him it's michael "no michael, stop!" i hardly ever hear daddy very often at all unless she's annoyed with me, then she'll deliberately go to him and cuddle himand call him daddy. sometimes kids can be so catty.. lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 3:00pm
Yes i agree - explain to your child why other people/stepson call you by you first name - and when your child does it tell him/her that yes that is your name but you would like it if he/she called you mummy because that makes you feel special.  Good luck

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 5:41pm
Maybe get your hubby to refer to you as mummy when he is talking to your son.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 7:58pm
I called my grandfather by his first name because he used to take me to his work when I was little. I copied everyone else. Didn't mean I didn't love him any less. I adored him!!!! (Jake's middle name is from his great-grandad)..so remember that your baby may not say mummy, but he still loves you lots and lots.
kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 10:18pm

That's the truth............

The other thing i do is when i ask briana to do something for me i say "can you please get so and so for mummy",  or when i get her something a drink or a sandwhich i ask her to say "thank you mummy".......if you speak about yourself using the word mummy then your child will eventually do the same.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 9:22am
thanks guys... we do all that - and he has stopped calling me by my first name -now he doesnt call me anything. i do know he loves me tho, its the little things like the arms around my neck when he is behind me on the floor and the kisses .
this is a pic of my little man - just cause i can.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 11:04am
ooooh, that is so cute!! He could be on one of those telecom ads with the mini business men!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 12:31pm
LOL Ana I agree....
Looks like the sports page...he he ha typical Kiwi bloke huh?

He is sooooo cute...

kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:21am
What a little sweetheart............and reading the a paper it his age..........wow!!!!!  My little just destroys it lol

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 11:23am
thanks guys... i think he was being nice to the paper cause he saw the camera come out. he is a sweetheart too tho, so caring towards his new little brother, but such a boy when he lies on the floor playing with thomas or a car.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 2:00pm
OMG he looks like his Daddy!

Maya calls me Emma occasionally but I just tell her very firmly "I am Mama, not Emma to you". And she seems to get the message. LOL at her little friend Milan tho, she calls me Mama too, I think they get confused!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:47pm
He's such a cute little boy! Very grown up
 Post Reply Post Reply