FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBran, Apple and Cinnamon Mini Muffins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bran, Apple and Cinnamon Mini Muffins
    Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:35pm
I just made these this afternoon for Ashleigh and she seemed to like them! They are really yummy and easy and something different for a snack.

Ingredients

1-1/4 cups natural bran (not cereal)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease the cups in two mini muffin pans. In a large bowl, stir together the bran, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil and eggs. Add the milk mixture to the bran mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in the chopped apple. Spoon batter into the prepared muffins pans, filling each cup to the top. Bake for 12 to 14 mins or until a toothpick poked into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 20 to 22 mini muffins.
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Sponsored Links

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:47pm
Sounds yum! I'll have to try them
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:50pm
Looks yummy! *pencils in diary for tomorrow*
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 5:37pm
I keep coming back to this recipe, we seem to always have the ingredients on hand and it's so easy and yummy! I don't have bran, I just use 2 cups of wholemeal flour and 2t of baking powder, this is about my 4th batch now (and I have finally written the recipe down LOL) and haven't had any probs. Also I do standard sized muffins (12 per tray) and they cook for about 15 mins. Today we are doing them in cupcakes just for fun
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2007 at 9:46pm
I make something really similar to these. They always turn out great. Yum!

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 8:48am
Yum! Thanks for that. I always love new recipes.
 Post Reply Post Reply