FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBanana Muffins :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banana Muffins :)
    Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:21am
Was writing this in another thread and thought I'd share here too. They are a great way to use up bananas you didn't get to eat and very cheap to make, no butter. I make them most weeks.

Banana muffins:

2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas)

1. Preheat oven to 180. I find normal bake not fan to be better in my oven but you can experiment

2. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a big bowl and put aside

3. Put milk, oil, soda and egg into a big jug and whisk together until well mixed

4. Add mashed banana

5. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just mixed

6. Fill muffin pans until almost full. Bake 15-20 mins or until risen and golden brown

These muffins taste great, are so cheap to make with what you have in the cupboard and no butter and not too much sugar :)

To jazz them up you can also add chocolate chips.

Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 6:51pm
OOooh thanks for posting this, was thinking of making some for DS, they look super easy!! Hopefully I wont ruin these!!
Lisa mummy to Ryan
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:47am
Was looking for a banana cake recipe in here, but muffins will do
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:43am
Perfect - I was looking for a way to use up a couple of nearly gone bananas! Thank you!

ETA - Just made a batch of these, took 10 mins to whip up while the kids were asleep and they have just cooled enough for me to taste test them - YUM!

I added another banana as mine were on the small side, I also added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and they are sooo yummy, just the right amount of sweetness. Thanks so much for posting this recipe, it will definitely be on my weekly baking list from now on!

Edited by MrsEmma

Post Reply Post Reply