FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRice bubble cakes - anyone got a recipe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rice bubble cakes - anyone got a recipe?
    Posted: 02 September 2008 at 9:50pm
I want to make the kids some rice bubble cakes but I know there are a few different variations. Im looking for one that doesnt have that cremelta stuff in it.....anyone got a good one please?
Sponsored Links

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 10:54pm
There were a few recipes posted a while ago, if you do a search for "rice bubble" they come up. This is my mums recipe though,

Bubble Crunch

Put 2 Tablespoons Honey, 1/2 cup Sugar, 100g Butter into a pot, stir and bring to the boil - about 3 mins. Add 5 cups Rice Bubbles, mix in large bowl. Turn into greased 18x28cm sponge roll tin. Cool. Cut into pieces while warm.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 6:47am
made exactly that recipe two days ago. yum!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 7:40am
That's a favourite here, too!
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2008 at 6:26pm
Not the usual rice bubble recipie but super yummy maybe more of an adult one

4 Morro/mars bars chopped up
100g butter
ricebubbles

Melt butter and bars in pot over pot with water ( this takes a wee while but dose come together very nicely)
Add rice bubbles till desired consistancy
Refrigerate.
Some times for special occasions i melt a dairy milk block down and pour over top as 'icing'
youngmumnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngmumnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 8:19pm
mmmmmmmmm yummmmmm i'm going to have to have to try that one i have only ever made the standard bubble log. Might take some to my sis too she is craving mars bars (27 weeks pregs) she will love me lol
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 11:53pm
I put a recipe in the recipe section of this site called milo rice crispies - that's a big favourite with our kids. very nice and doesn't go rock hard so still good for little people to eat.

It has butter, ricies, chocolate chips, milo (i used the pams chocca drink we have) and you melt a pack of those little marshmellows in with it. mmmm gooooood.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply