FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhite & Dark Choc Black Forest Cheesecake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White & Dark Choc Black Forest Cheesecake
    Posted: 21 November 2007 at 10:29am
Suzieq - As requested

- 1 tub Tararua cheesecake mix (or your own recipe)
- 1 packet Griffins Super wines or Malt biscuits
- 200 grams butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries, roughly chopped/crushed
- 1 cup dark chocolate buttons, roughly chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate buttons, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate buttons
- Extra handful of berries and white&dark choc buttons

**I myself use this recipe to give my food processor a good work out, but it's easy enough to do it without one.**

1) Crush biscuits until fine, add melted butter and mix until well combined, or until the mixture holds together.

2) If you wish to do so, line a 20cm non-stick springform pan (I have the tendency to do it without lining it) then press the crushed biscuit and butter mixture in to the pan and all the way up the side of tin.

3) In a bowl over a pan of hot water, melt 1/2 cup of dark chocolate buttons until smooth and lump free. Once this is done, allow to cool slightly before pouring and smoothing it over the cookie base. Put in fridge to set.

4) If using the Tararua mix (so much easier!) follow the instructions on the tub (i.e: Place in microwave proof bowl and place in m/wave for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Beat with a whisk until smooth)

5) While the cheesecake mixture is in the m/wave softening, roughly chop/crush one cup of frozen mixed berries (make sure they are in fact frozen or you'll end up with mush) (oh, and if you're chopping by hand, you may want to wear latex gloves or something or you'll get stained!) Rinse food processor, dry then roughly chop one cup dark chocolate buttons, set aside in a bowl, then repeat with the white chocolate buttons

6) Once cheesecake mixture is softened and ready to go, add HALF the chopped berried and mix through GENTLY until the juices from the berries start to run and make a marbled effect. Add half the dark chocolate buttons and again, stir through until they melt slightly and leave a marbled effect, repeat with half the white chocolate.

7) Remove base from fridge and add cheesecake mixture. Sprinkle over remaining crushed chocolate pieces and crushed berries, then decorate with a few whole white and dark choc buttons and berries.

8) Sit in fridge for 1-2 hours to set, then in the freezer for the last hour before serving so that the berries on top have a chance to re-freeze.

Yum!

Edited by Serenity
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
Sponsored Links

Snickerdoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snickerdoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:04pm
****drooooool****

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:46pm
PERFECT -that is my Christmas dessert!
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 8:57pm
Picture added for extra effect

(As if you needed more of an excuse to go and make it - HA!)
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
 Post Reply Post Reply