FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat to do with frozen veggies...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do with frozen veggies...
    Posted: 18 October 2010 at 8:49am
When DS was born, we were gifted a lot of meals which was lovely. We also ended up with around 7 or 8kg of frozen veggies in various forms.

Does anyone have any bright ideas of what I could do with all of these veggies?? Any suggestions would be great!

Sponsored Links

MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 7:43pm
- stirfry
- roast them
- boil them
- steam them
- puree/mash them (like a potato and broccoli mash or a pumpkin and kumara mash etc)
- chop up into small chunks and add them to meatballs/rissoles/hamburger patties/meatloaf

if you have a long day and want a quick dinner... cook a little pasta and boil some veges and stir through with some shredded chicken or ham

use them to make another new mum some homemade meals hehe.
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:44am
We do a similar thing to MyLilSquishy but we do pasta/rice, veges and a can of tuna.

You could also make a vegetable quiche with them.
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 12:26pm
If you're not a huge fan of frozen veges you could puree a whole lot up to use as baby food?  I don't particularly enjoy frozen veges so struggle to hide them in things for myself!  Maybe pureed and hidden in a soup??
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:41pm
happymumma - I dont like frozen veges either lol. DP does though, uses them in stirfrys all the time. when he does, I actually pick around the veges coz i rekon they taste gross compared to normal/fresh veges. he tells me im loosing my mind hehe.
shesmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shesmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 11:41pm
I haven't been much of a frozen vege fan either, but.... I regularly sneak some (green beans, corn etc) into the chilli beans for tacos/burritos etc, and they make up a portion of the vege component when we make a quiche or stir-fry or risotto. Potato/mixed vege patties can be pretty yum too - mixed with an egg to bind and some herbs.
 Post Reply Post Reply