FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedComing off Paroxetine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coming off Paroxetine
    Posted: 05 February 2008 at 11:01am
I have been on Paroxetine for nearly a year now and although I hate the fact that I needed to take it, I thinks it's the best decision I have made in the last 12 monthss. I set myself a goal together with my GP and the psychiatrist to slowly come off them after 12 months, which is fast approaching.
What I was wanting to know was -
How long did it take to feel 'normal' after finishing them?
How long did it take to reduce them down, I was planning to go down to half a tablet a day, then maybe alternate days for about 2 weeks each
What sort of withdrawal symptons should I look out for
I need to see my GP again before I do this, but just wanted other peoples experiences too please
Sponsored Links

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:14pm

I got really bad dizzy spells to the point of being really spaced out. But I didnt titrate the doseEmbarrassed

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 9:20pm
There are a lot of withdrawal symptoms to look out for but I don't know how much it might vary between different types of anti-depressant. Things like headaches, dizziness, nausea, bloating, tiredness etc seem to be within the range of "normal" for some. In my experience I have found it to be far easier to come off them by cutting down gradually but not actually skipping days, ie: if you were taking two tablets, go down from two to one and a half for a fortnight, then down to one for another fortnight, then down to half for the next fornight (or use three week periods, or go down a dose a month, whatever is most comfortable).
 Post Reply Post Reply