FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSinking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sinking
    Posted: 07 December 2007 at 2:15pm
I hope it's ok to post in here. I'm pretty sure I don't have PND but have been really struggling lately. My theory is it's the pregnancy hormones making me crazy. But today has been pretty bad.   DD is in creche until 3pm and I needed to clean the house, go grocery shopping, buy my mum a birthday present (her birthday is today) and get dinner ready for her and my brother and SIL who are all coming over for a birthday dinner, and instead all I've been able to do is get some washing on the line and sit in front of the computer and cry. Oh, and I did have a wee nap at the start, because DD is teething and up all night.
I just feel like everything is on top of me and I can't find a way out or a way to get back into a better place. I'm not looking forward to Christmas at all, I haven't sorted anything for it yet, things that used to make me happy don't anymore and I feel like I'm just going through the motions to get through every day. It's just all so hard and too much and I can't talk to anyone about it...how do you cope?
Sorry for the vent. I just needed to get it out there and have SOMEONE know how I feel. DH is stressed at work and I'm stressed at home, not a nice place to be in at the moment.
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 2:24pm

I had this when I was pregnat so you are fine. I would have a chat with your LMC next time you see them and see what can be done for you.

When I came down with this I went and saw the local pregnancy centre people and they gave me a few ideas on how to relax and some advice for DH to do with the house and not to worry about the housework for a few day have a break.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 4:18pm
Yep its normal for things to get overwheming at this time of year. Any one of the things u said is enough is enough to make you feel emotional/stressed etc, but all the things youve got on at the moment sounds very hectic! Bening pregnant, being up in the night with a teething child, having people over for dinner etc ect!

First of all to get through today,...make a list of what absoultely must be done today, not what u think you should be doing, or what u think others expect from you, but what MUST be done...ie- picking up DD from preschool (you would have done that by now), making dinner(if u cant postpone). Dont worry about having a spotless house! Can u ask your SIL to bring desert, or pick something up from supermarket,...or have takeaways?!! The washing can stay outside! It wont run away!

Im sooooo good at adding extra stress to my day, its actually very refeshing if u write it done then just circle what MUST be done. Make the ammount of things to do more managable should make u relax a little.

Hope u feeling better soon.

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 4:27pm

OK so you have a preschooler, and you're pregnant - so I'm thinking that the stuff you had planned to do yesterday was actually quite a busy day with lots of rushing about, and after a bad night, was maybe asking a bit much of you?  I'm not saying you shouldn't have planned all that stuff ('cause that's exactly the sort of day I'd arrange for myself!  and then regret it!) I'm just saying go easy on yourself.  And definantly talking to your LMC sounds good.  I hope you get out of the black hole soon - that's all extra stress that you really don't need right now! 

Andie
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 6:29pm
Thanks guys. I ended up getting DH to buy a birthday cake and managed to get things done that evening, and it turned out to be a nice night once everyone got here and we all sat down. Sigh. I am exhausted still and really worried about how I'm going to cope with two littlies (not the first and not the last to feel this way, I'm sure). And it makes me sad that I'm not feeling the Christmas buzz this year, first time it has happened. I just had being in that place where it seems like there's no way out and you'll never feel happy again. I know it's tiredness and probably putting too much pressure on myself. I will try to remember to take it easy! I hate not getting things done - will try the list idea too. I love lists!
Thanks for listening and replying and being so understanding, it helps to know someone knows how I feel.
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 10:07pm

Hey I hope tomorrow is a better day for ya... I don't know you that well but from what I do know about you, I think you're one awesome lady with a heart of gold. 

Andie
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 8:55am
Thanks Andie

Just thought I'd update and say that mum has taken DD for the whole day today, leaving DH and I to have a sleep in, lunch out together and a spot of Christmas shopping (and I might mow the lawns, but that's it, I promise!). Have been trying not to do so much, but it's the wrong time of year to cut back Thanks again for listening to my vent ladies, it really helped and I'm feeling much better.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 10:02am
Really glad you are doing better, and managed to arrange some timeout for you and DH. Enjoy your day.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 10:27am
i've been wondering if while we are pregnant there are times when we get more emotional than normal...if maybe the hormones that makes us bitchy and upset before a period still kick in and added to pregnancy hormones anyway give us a REALLY bad couple (or more) days.

Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 11:42am
I've been thinking about that too Debs, and I sure hope so in a way because lately I've been going downhill FAST over things that I can usually cope with and it sucks. Not looking forward to the four day blues once bubs is born, they were bad enough the first time around, I was a complete mess.
 Post Reply Post Reply