FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedyour family rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: your family rules
    Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:24pm
in my new bout as "calm mummy" (which has lasted one day and going strong), I am trying to get Jake not to speak badly to anyone by saying "in our family we don't speak to people like that, please ask again nicely" and offering him the chance to apologise or go to his room to calm down. So far so good. Just wondering, what are other people's family rules?
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:30pm

Inside voices inside. Walking feet inside. Are 2 that we keep on top of.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:51pm
No jumping on the couches! Though that's the biggest battle, have to remind them everyday!

No playing with the doors - too many little fingers around, & have been slammed in them.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 8:32pm
No yelling inside; no squealing (at all)...
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 8:48pm
No snacks before tea time (that ones for DH! )
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 9:23pm
Inside voices, no hitting, shoes off inside, no bad words (the only ones she uses are 'stupid' and 'dumb' so its not a major as of yet), no playing with doors and treat books with respect. Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment!

We have the 'adults' things too- there are 'adults' drinks, obviously alcoholic drinks plus coke etc, plugging things in, using knives, running baths etc. Its quite handy to be able to just say 'thats an adults job' and her be ok with it.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 9:52pm
MUMS the BOSS is all my kids need to know LOL

One rule is we all sit at the table for dinner. One fizzy drink a day (if that) no running inside. i am sure there is more 'under written rulz' that you just don;t think of. My kids do not and will not swear in the house and hopefully no where else although not naive and sure my 14 yr old would with his mates.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 10:06pm
How about always saying please and thank you, as kids we only had sweets at the weekend when we got our pocket money, and we had school night rules and weekend rules when it came to bedtime when younger, and friends coming round etc when older.

Chovynz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chovynz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by mummy_becks mummy_becks wrote:

Inside voices inside. Walking feet inside. Are 2 that we keep on top of.

...you have "inside voices"....?
You may come into our room at 6.45 (a week ago it was 7). No earlier. (unfortunatly this was interpreted as not allowed leaving HER room until then, so we heard her yelling out MUUUUMMMM. I GOOOOOT POOOOOOOSSS. SHHHHHH. kristians sleeping
Defending the male species since 1980
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 11:02pm
I've been fleeced of loose change this week, as i'm not allowed to swear in front of the kids.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2007 at 9:01am
outside toys stay outside... thats a battle at the mo!

no standing on the table

seatbelts on till the car is off(for gabriel and step)

no throwing toys

no hitting on the head

manners are encouraged but not the be all end all, i think by modelling good manners it is rubbing off, cause toby will burp and say "pardon me" and it wasnt something we told him to do.

and later on it will be toilet seat goes back down!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2007 at 11:59am
Originally posted by GandT GandT wrote:

and later on it will be toilet seat goes back down!

Good Luck with that one!

[/url]

Angel June 2012
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2007 at 12:32pm
Clear your own plate after dinner

We also have no hitting on the head

No TV till after 7am

Shoes off inside

Put your washing in the laundry basket when you get into pj's.

Don't use "I want" use "I would like"

Thats all I can think of.

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Reply Post Reply