FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour highest power bill?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
pekemoemum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekemoemum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 7:46pm
FREAKY bill!!!!!
Our highest so far was $198 (discounted amount) and that was for 40days (we'd just moved house and had family staying part of that time)..
NORMALLY it's around $140 max in winter..... then the next bill was $176 discounted. We have used dryer about 4/5 times a week and it's a really old dryer.. and a dishwasher? try to have 2x baths a week and the rest shower.... far out it's expensive!!!
Sponsored Links

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 8:14pm

This thread has made me feel really good about our power bill- last month it was $160 and was it with the oil heater going all night in Ellas room and then in the living room for around 3 hrs in the morning and again in the evening. We don't have a dryer,dishwisher or heat towel rail through, so that probably helps a lot.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 9:28pm
Our is normally around $220 thats with a heat pump on every night and all the time in the weekend and Jame's heater in his room when he goes for sleeps and saving way more money than last year with buying firewood and using gas.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 9:37pm
our highest at the house was 600! when we first moved in it was 600 for 4 mths in a row! (with trustpower) and no one was ever home either!
it was even higher than our business! which is 2 huge industrial buildings, with 3 flats, 4 kitchens and has compressers, lights, and eletrical stuff going 24/7!
we swapped to genesis and it instantly dropped our highest with them is this month $320

will be interesting next month tho as weve just had the heatpump fixed.

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 10:13pm
hmmmm.. I sometimes have the oil heater running 24/7. We dont really have a choice in terms of heating as we are renting, this place has no other forms of heating. (Apart from an ancient open fireplace)
Our last bill was an estimate - $160 and i thought that was rather high! The one before that was an actual reading, $120 and that was the month jackson was born so the heaters were on 24.7 too.

We pay $40 weekly so we are lucky we dont have to find the money to pay for it.
Thank you all - cant wait till summertime!

Edited by kaiz231
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 7:30am
OMG Id die if I got some of the bills others are getting My highest so far is $61 for electricity used, & then the line charges are usually $40, so $100 odd. Normally Im paying around $80 for both

Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12