FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYOUR experience with PCOS...(pos tmi)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 7:18am
Yea, what on earth's the not oving the PCOS about? Some ladies with PCOS don't even struggle to have kids (although heaps do). I'm guessing they ovulate

I've got PCOS, but don't really have any of the usual symptoms that go with it, just the fertility probs.

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 4:34pm
wow fats you have been thru a lot... are you still taking the 30 plus stuff... ? i have a box her you can have, its got about 3 or 4 of the tablets gone but thats all. PM me your address if you want it.

*hugs*

jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 4:39pm
i love this thread, i had a little cry besause i just feel so alone, but its good to know im not the only one with hair probs

Daily i get rather depressed looking in the mirror to see hair on my upper lip chin and neck, i have been really wanting to wax again but i just haven't had the time or money to do it, and then this morning when i went to go pluck the odd hair my twizzers have gone walk abouts.

but this does make me feel so much better that im not alone and i am not the only female out there with chin issues

have to buy some tea
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 4:54pm
i thought every women had hair issues!

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

i thought every women had hair issues!

I'm starting to think this too.

And I am meant to have PCOS too. I definitely get the weight gain (hard to lose) and the hair growth. I had a scan years ago that showed polyscystic ovaries but I have had NO trouble getting pregnant. In fact my cycles were all over the place unitl I made the first appointment with my gynae.....my AF came that day, then 5 weeks later (on the day of my scan....so had to be internal...lovely) and then every 5 weeks after that. In fact my cycles were so regular and I knew that I ovulated every month. We fell pregnant first cycle trying and then again after Tom was born (but lost that one) and then fell pregnant within first cycle following MC. So not typical PCOS.

I have struggled to lose weight but its all falling off with BFing. I wonder if you can have PCOS at some times and not others? I feel like I dont have it now....especially when I hear of others. All I really have to complain about is hair growth....but maybe thats also a genetic thing...Dad is hairy and I have the red hair / celtic thing.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

wow fats you have been thru a lot... are you still taking the 30 plus stuff... ? i have a box her you can have, its got about 3 or 4 of the tablets gone but thats all. PM me your address if you want it.

*hugs*

Yes Bizzy I have. Am currently sitting here in tears as I have just had a barrge of horrible nasty abuse from stepson and I lost the plot big time and got my big chefs knife and threatened to kill him and I actually thinkI would, I hate his so much. All my usless farken husband does is yell at me to calm down and be quiet while thsat little twerp continues abusing me.
Tiem like this I wish I was dead.
See why I don;t want the mirena? lol I would probalby act on both those things.
Yep am still takig the 30 plus, and if you don't want them, that would be super! I am happy topay you for htem, will pm you my details after.
Ta.
A
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 9:48pm
aw fats i wish i lived closer - i have a bottle of wine here i would love to share ... will have to send it virtually with a hug instead...

manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 2:59pm
Fattarartsrock, sounds like you've got a lot to deal with ATM

I was diagnosed with PCOS after 9 mths without a period, I ended up going to Family Planning as the docs at the medical center I went to wouldn't listen to me when I said something was wrong! Scan, (ick) and then the bombshell. Make sure you talk to your gynae about the side effects with Metformin (altho, I didn't realise it helped with the weight loss, for me it was to get my periods back!) as I never even had OV pains until I went on it, nausea was horrid, so I was like a walking pharmacy with all with all the pills to help with them. Then came the fertility meds, it took 2 years to get our girl from the time we decided it was time for me to come off the pill. I didn't have a period for 13 months after having M (only BF for 3), but since then I have had them regularly, some months are more painful than others, but nowhere near as bad as when on the meds. Good luck, I'm off to find some spearmint tea!!!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 4:14pm
gee Annie - that kid sucks. When does he leave? a few days to go? Come up to Palmy for a few days until he goes. am serious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12