FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYou know that moment ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You know that moment ...
    Posted: 20 November 2007 at 4:44pm
When you've said something about someone that isn't good, and they're standing right behind you?

Had one of those today.

I sent a co-worker an email about something that another co-worker had asked me, and the other co-worker read the email which the first co-worker hadn't deleted from her email (don't ask what the third person was doing on the computer where she shouldn't have been though!).

It wasn't actually that bad - it was a 'this is what she asked, and does she think she's special?' kind of thing ... except this person we're having to SERIOUSLY watch our Ps and Qs because she's on her final warning for not performing at work, and we don't want any constructive dismissal claims coming our way. Doh!

I could strangle the co-worker who didn't delete the emails, although essentially there wasn't that much in them. Bt I've been called nasty and unprofessional and all sorts this afternoon by madam!

*Sigh*
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 5:33pm
Oh bum. Hate those moments. I do them regularly - was b*tching about the in-laws the other day and didn't realise they were going through their rental house on the other side of the fence at the time. Woops! Not sure if they heard much, but was still very red in the face. Stink when a harmless vent causes trouble!
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 6:00pm
ooh ginger, thats a toughie! gosh she must have some balls though to be calling you names over it - i would slink away in embarressment myself if i was in that situation and read *ill of myself*

Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 6:35pm
On the upside she knows now...wonder if it means she will pull her head in?

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 7:23pm
oooh was it the same one who was experimenting in things???
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 7:51pm
Don't you just love those foot in mouth moments. Hope it doesn't cause you any problems.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:00pm
I do that constantly ginger. nice to know I'm not the only one.
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:16pm
Yeah - same one BS! That was really why I sent the email to my other co-worker - it really does amaze and surprise me that the co-worker in question thinks she should be able to do all sorts of things. For example, we have run out of various supplies in the kitchen, and it is her job to keep them stocked up and replace when necessary ... but she has been asked 4 times since last Friday and still hasn't replaced things because she doesn't want to go to the supermarket because she 'doesn't like walking' !! And yet, there she is, wanting time off for some random thing!

Anywho - I told my boss of the situation, and have kept the emails in case there is ever a question because there's nothing really in it. I was just miffed that I had to deal with yet another situation involving madam, and peeved at my other co-worker for being dumb and keeping the emails too!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:35pm
Experimenting in things??? Corrrrr now I'm curious!

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 6:54am
Drugs my dear sweet Paws, drugs. Not to mention a few other things by the sounds of it. She told me a few weeks ago that she was 3 months late with her period but she wasn't worried about being pregnant because she probably couldn't have children ... because she had chlamidia (sp?) and it wasn't picked up for a couple of years. She's 19!! Infertile courtesy of an STD at 19?? She couldn't see past the fact that it was great because it meant she didn't have to wear protection ....?? Erm ....
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 8:19am
Are you freaking kidding me????

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 8:23am
WOW. I really hope she's not pregnant, for the baby's sake!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 11:52am
No, she's not. She was caught out with her AF arriving unexpectedly at work

And no Paws, not kidding. Without being too awful, I really honestly feel like I need to have a shower when I come into contact with her. There's just something about her ... My boss won't ask her to make him coffees even because he's not much better with her!
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:29pm
Doesn't like walking...Ok.

And this is the future of our country? No woder they keep raising the retirement age!
 Post Reply Post Reply