FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYAY!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YAY!
    Posted: 04 August 2008 at 3:25pm
I'm having such an awesome day, I not only have decided what it is I want to do with my future (other than being a Mummy ) ...BUT ....

I just got a phone call to say I won a HUGE MEGA BLOK prize pack! OMG Lucas will LOVE it.

Who ever thought I'd get this excited over blocks lol
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 3:59pm
Awesome stuff.

But I wanna hear more about this future of yours
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 4:11pm

Yay that is so cool, who did you win them through??

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 4:17pm
Lol Nikki.

I've been contemplating studying for AGES! Just couldn't decide on a course, too many options and I'm super indecisive.

Well funnily enough all this debate over FF and BF got me quite fired up and I've had my fair share of uphill battles with breastfeeding & am so proud to say we've come out the other end and at 17 months Lucas is breastfeeding beautifully.

I think my energy will be best spent trying to help other mothers achieve the same results I have with Lucas (those who are willing, don't worry I won't go plucking random FFers off the street & FORCE them to BF lol). I'd love to be able to help other mummies establish AND continue to breastfeed succesfully, so I'm looking into joining LLL & see what I need to do to become a Lactation Consultant.

That AND I'm going to study to become a 'Childbirth Educator' ....or in other words teach antenatal classes/seminars and work for an org. like Plunket. RachandJack provided me with a link to a fantastic Level 5 course, appears to be the only course available in that line of work actually. I'm soooo excited, I finally feel like I know what I want to do & my parents think it's a great idea too since I am really passionate about both things (BFing especially). Ever since my antenatal classes (which i LOVED) I told Mum I'd love to teach them ....pretty random I know but I met lots of awesome ladies & it would go hand in hand (kinda) with being an LC. My parents are being really supportive too and think I should go for it

Only time will tell eh

Rach- thank you soooo soooo much for that link, I'm ever so grateful.
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 4:17pm
Through Little Treasures magazine
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 4:21pm
thats awsome! its a great feeling when you finally know what you want to do with yourself ay
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 4:25pm

Woohoo Steph awesome!!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 4:35pm
That sounds really cool Steph. Go you!

Andddd maybe you could set up a comprehensive young parents course too? I'm passionate about them and I'm sure you are too
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 4:55pm
Good on you Steph for sorting out your future (I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up ) and yah for winning stuff!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 9:27pm
Yay I'm so glad your sorted. I was considering that course for a while too so make sure you let us know how you go.

Yay for winning stuff too
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 10:08pm
Good for you.

Also i think Parent Centre help you with the Antenatal courses training - well they did when Brooke was younger not sure if its the same now.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 1:22pm
I also considered doing doula training as well so here are the links I had bookmarked if your interested.

NZ one

International one
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 8:13pm
thats awesome steph , how exciting , i think people who do a job they are truly passionate about are so lucky .
When can you start it ?
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 9:27pm
As soon as I survive my tonsillectomy and recover from that I'll start filling out the forms and ringing around. My guess would be start of next year? ......I might be able to start it straight away but I think I'd prefer to apply ahead of time and have the next 5 months to sort out other stuff - SOOOO excited though
klea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 2:06pm

I am training to become a CBE right now through Aoraki Polytechnic. I am very close to finishing and hope you enjoy the experience as much as I have. It's quite a hard course...but well worth it. Would be great to hear how you go!
 Post Reply Post Reply