FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedyearly gift for boy baby / charm bracelet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yearly gift for boy baby / charm bracelet
    Posted: 05 November 2009 at 9:30am
i got DD a charm bracelet when she was born and every year on her birthday i add another charm. this year she even chose her own - a pink handbag lol.

i am not pregnant with my second child but this one is a boy. i want to do something similar but realise that giving him a charm bracelet isn't very masculine.

does anyone have any ideas what i can do for him as i want something that can be added to each year.
Sponsored Links

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 9:35am
Ive been wanting to something similar for Caden aswell, I will think of some idea's and let you know
For Isabella I have the little charm braclet that was mine when I was a baby, it has no charms, but Im going to add a charm each year for her.

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 9:41am
oooh I will be watching this thread because I have also been wanting to do something like this for R's 1st birthday and then every one after....so thanks for asking

Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 9:53am
Someone mentioned on another thread to get them a good quality tool box and add a tool each year.

I too am keen for some good ideas for my wee man...
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 9:59am
a tool box aye, DP would be into that but i'm not sure how many tools would be left by the time the kid is old enough to use them. pretty sure DP would be "borrowing" them all the time lol.
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 11:57am
I'm thinking of making my boys a bead thing - not sure whether a necklace or bracelet but adding a special bead to it every year. I'd use leather with silver connectors and if I go with the bracelet idea it'll be a wide leather band with the beads threaded across the top otherwise a leather strap for their necklaces. The guys in my family all wear very masculine type jewellry with tooled leather etc so this will look good. Jake already has a silver bracelet which he adores but is getting abit small and I've got one for Ty too.
The other idea I had was a wide silver bracelet that got a little carving in it every year instead of a charm.
I dunno still up in the air...
LOL to the toolbox idea in this house! DP and Jake would both be into it!!
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 12:00pm
Interested!

and lol yea thats the same reason we couldnt do the tool box idea.

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 12:01pm
Watching with interest - we too have a charm bracelet for our DD and DS is 1 in January. We have planned the toolbox thing too only because we just cant think of anything else lol....

Whats a cool collecters item thing that might be valuable in the future?
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:14pm
what about dinkee cars or similar some of the older ones now are worth a resonalbe amount. They would at least get to play with them from early on.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:24pm
It was me that said about the toolbox! Am pleased to see that I was remembered

Its really hard thinking of a boy thing to do as you want something useful that they can appreciate which is why I came up with the tool idea.

Umm, DH has a full set of tools so doesn't need to "borrow" DS's ones. We are just starting with good quality basic things like a hammer, screwdriver set etc and may get the bigger ticket items for their 18th-21st birthdays.

Looked at other collectors items but as you don't really know what they are going to "be in to" it makes it tricky.

I get my girly fix by buying them a christmas decoration every year

sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:30pm
I've had another thought. what about buying them bonus bonds each year until a certain age when they have ddeveloped an interest that you can then but the appropriate gift. I know not the most exciting thing in the world.
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:58pm
LOVE the idea of the tool box and tools every year! so something a boy would appreicate when he is older! I'd have to get a tool box that locks and lock the tools away from DH and hide the keys...but that could be arranged!!! lol

Post Reply Post Reply