FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAbuse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abuse
    Posted: 04 August 2009 at 12:35pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtMRddAIHx0

This woman was done for child abuse.

Edited by bexandantz

Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:11pm
I don't get it must be something more to the story than what is seen there. There's no sound so can't tell if the child is upset or whatever, but yeah looks odd to me.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:13pm
whats he being dragged with....?

i once dragged gabriel thru the mall... he had run away and refused to get up... i had had to leave toby in the pushchair and needed to get back to him so i took gabriel by the hand and when he refused to get up and walk i walked and he stayed on the floor!

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:29pm
It looks to me as if he is being dragged by a leash thing...

I agree that we would need to know more about the circumstances, but it doesn't look very nice. Probably is considered abuse, but not sure that alot of people wouldn't catch themselves doing the same. Luke is just starting to collapse to the floor and not move - hard work with a baby as well. He is over 15kg and only 21 months - so hard to reason with him - sometimes no choice but to drag...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 12:22am
The article said he was dragged by a "back pack leash "
(their words , not mine )

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 2:26pm
OMG dragging a child like that weather the kid has been naughty or not is just wrong.
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 2:58pm
would be good to see more to it than that.........like the lead up to it, and judging from the size of the child, they probably enjoyed the ride........hard to comment until you know more and of course been in the same situation when your at your wits end your about to totally lose the plot and your child is pushing you closer and closer to the edge of sanity and you cant just say to someone, can you hold my child while i take a moment to calm myself before i do something i will regret......kids know how to push those buttons for sure...........but i completely disagree with leashes anyway........each to their own but i would rather not take my child out anywhere than to put them on a leash like a dog....its just not for me!!! would rather pay someone to watch my child for a few hours a week to get those choirs done that cant be done when DH is home or on the weekend......but thats my own personal feeling on it......im sure i would change my mind if i had an ADD child or something
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 3:09pm
I have one for Spencer, I don't see the issue and he has no issue wearing it. I would much rather see a child on a leash than see them under someone's car tyres or missing in the local mall or something. It's not easy to run after a toddler when you are pregnant or have a newborn/baby, it's also not practical to stay home unless you can get someone else to watch your child.

As for the video, I'm not sure why the woman couldn't have just picked the child up rather than dragging him but yeah a bit hard to know what had happen with only that small piece of it on film.

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 5:03pm
DH's Mum used reins on him in LA airport, he would have run off other wise, she got some filthy looks for it too.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:33am
Ew that was horrible!!

crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 5:58pm
I think the leash is fine if you need to use it for your kids safety. My friend was really anti them until she went traveling with her 2.5 year old for 6 months and used it at most airports and museums, art galleries etc. Better that than losing them or having them smash a 2000 year old jar!

I don't think that dragging youtube thing is too bad tbh. Looks like the boy has been having a tantrum and is refusing to walk. I certainly don't think it's abuse as he isn't being hurt and is actually hanging on to it. He could let go at any time and mum would prob stop. I can imagine a situation where i would drag Alex by the hand if he refused to get up and we had to go.   Probably wouldn't be my proudest mummy moment but wouldn't hurt him either.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Chickielou Chickielou wrote:

.but i completely disagree with leashes anyway........each to their own but i would rather not take my child out anywhere than to put them on a leash like a dog....its just not for me!!! would rather pay someone to watch my child for a few hours a week to get those choirs done that cant be done when DH is home or on the weekend......but thats my own personal feeling on it......im sure i would change my mind if i had an ADD child or something

Or three kids under two. If I hadn't had the backpack leishes for the gremlins we would never have been able to leave the house as i didn't have a buggy that could fit three of them and with DP working 6 days a week, that would be an awful lot of time at home!

I don't agree with what the lady in the video did, especially as it appears she only had one kid with her - she could have picked him up and carried him - but I'd be lying if I said I'd never been tempted to do that! (tempted that is, I've never done it!)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 8:00pm
My little brother was dragging Jake around with a dog leash attached to his top lol Jake thought it was awesome he was asking him to do it again and again. I've dragged Jake along by his arm when hes gone limp and I have a handful of shopping bags. I watched a few different videos on this but seems to me (just from the little info I was able to find) that charging her was an over-reaction!
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 8:58pm
I had a back pack leash for my youngest, it was so cute was a little puppy & he loved it, kept him safe. But then it was used the right way. There is nothing wrong with them.

Not easy & not always fun to shop with toddlers. Been there, still there. Get fed up with judgmental looks.

There must be more to this, although I would of said something to her, or offered to help.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 9:05pm
ha ha, Emma, well said, tempted, think we all get tempted.
I pick mine up over the shoulder & tickle so he is laughing all the way out & I have a big smile on my face....so no one see the scratch marks I have endured, my hair in his fists and my annoyance for not finishing what I needed to do.......and for what a toy, treat or something he wanted or just a bad mood.

You can not discipline in public & we have made it that way. You get judged for what ever you do.

opps dam spell check.

Edited by jazzy
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 9:20pm
Ha ha, my mum once had my sister in the stroller, me holding on to the stroller and my brother on reins and some lady stopped and commented that it was like taking a dog for a walk - so my mum offered to let her have us all

As for tantruming toddlers, I once carried Mercedes out of St Lukes over my shoulder like a fireman while she screamed at the top of her lungs and I had Chiara in the buggy and Sienna trotting alongside lol. What a sight!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 10:58am
ha ha the joys of motherhood, funny how they time their attacks to get maximum effect, oh the embarrassment, sometime I wonder what is more embarrassing....my kids tantrums in public.....or giving birth 3x at the hospital I worked and having the Drs. I saw daily with there heads down there. hee hee.

Oh and as for the comments, I say the people who have kids and make these comments have short memories......and the ones who don't yet have kids.....well payback is a Bitch...lol
 Post Reply Post Reply