FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPoll ranks naughty kids by name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poll ranks naughty kids by name
    Posted: 08 September 2009 at 12:11pm
Very interesting!

Teachers in the UK say they can identify which children are likely to be troublemakers by their names.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10595946

NAUGHTY

Boys

1. Callum
2. Connor
3. Jack
4. Daniel
5. Brandon
6. Charlie
7. Kyle
8. Liam
9. Jake
10. Brooklyn

Girls

1. Chelsea
2. Courtney
3. Chardonnay
4. Aleisha
5. Casey
6. Crystal
7. Jessica
8. Brooke
9. Demi
10. Aisha

BRIGHT

Boys

1. Alexander
2. Adam
3. Christopher
4. Benjamin
5. Edward
6. Matthew
7. Daniel
8. James
9. Harry
10. William

Girls

1. Elisabeth
2. Charlotte
3. Emma
4. Hannah
5. Rebecca
6. Abigail
7. Grace
8. Alice
9. Anna
10. Sophie

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 12:12pm
Here I was expecting to find Tom at the top of the naughty list
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by AzzaNZ AzzaNZ wrote:

3. Chardonnay

Really, Chardonnay???

But really, how much of it is looking at the names and expecting them to be trouble thus projecting the expectations and looking for problems?

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 1:20pm
lol I find it funny where Daniel sits on there considering he was put to bed without lunch screaming his head off after having a mother of all tantys over what I'm not quite sure
mumtooboys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumtooboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 1:37pm
YAY..based on that I have NO naughty boys and 2 bright ones. LOL

Unfortunately, I have DS1 who can be a real drama queen (or is that king) even though his name is not on the list!

Good for a laugh though.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 3:47pm
LOL, 'C' looks like a letter to avoid

The "bright' list seems to consist of lots of older names.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 7:55pm
COMPLETELY agree with the bright girls

As for the boys.... i would have to say - all kids I have taught, the naughty ones were

1. jayden
2. dylan
3. luke

none really stand out apart from those- but EVERY kid I have taught with those three names has been a little bugger (i kinda like the kids though - they have spunk!)....but really naughty
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 8:46pm

I like I am on the bright list!!!

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:08pm
LMAO my brother had a friend called Callum when he was a kid and he wasn't allowed to come over and play coz he was a troublemaker (according to mum).

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:28pm
Ohhhhhh this could help me campaign for the names Edward and Alice!!!

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 10:11pm
Lol Ive got one of each, and not the way i was expecting... my Jake is bright caring, sensitive and well behaved and Charlotte is a little sh*t!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 6:18pm
Oh no! I've doomed Chelsea to be the naughtiest in the class when she goes to school lol she is a feisty wee thing though
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 6:38pm
I'm surprised Kyle is on the list, I didn't think it would be popular enough, so maybe that means all Kyle's are little sh*ts

sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 7:29pm
In my years of teaching Ive found boys with 'J' names are the 'challenging' ones, and Ive come across quite a few Sophies who were right little madams!!
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 8:11pm
yep - my Sophie is a little madam

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 9:10am
oh god - is Aisha the same as Ayja? certainly sounds the same. eeek. considering i was woken just after 6am by her this morning and she stood at the side of my bed defiantly and refused to leave because i told her to go back to bed... it was like a hostage situation. She eventually left and went and played in her room with slamming doors etc on the way.ggggr.

Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 1:17am
Janine ,i think , Aisha is pronounced Eye -eesha , or Eee sha or Eye -sha .

Ah, my kids aren't on either list , not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing ....

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 8:15pm
Me and Hannah are on the good girl list

Jaycee - I went to school with a Chardonnay (although, she was 'sh' not 'ch') and was lovely.

Interesting though!

Post Reply Post Reply