FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVitamins... good or bad?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamins... good or bad?
    Posted: 26 October 2009 at 4:46pm
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Sponsored Links

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 9:57pm
I agree, hmmmmm

Ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 10:07am
As I understand it if you're not deficient in anything some vitamins are a waste of time and money and others will be helpful. And if you take enough of others it could strain your system filtering them back out, and a few are toxic in large doses.

I take a multivitamin, but I've seen people take an awful lot of pills because 'this one does this and this one does that' and I have to wonder just how much of that is going in and being helpful and how much is just making expensively colourful pee

I have to wonder how many people know why they're taking what they're taking and what it will do, and how it will work with whatever else they're taking, compared to how many people take these things because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Hmmmm indeed.

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 8:05pm
Very insteresting ....... I think it's best to see a naturloath and get expert advice rather than self diagnosing. because you can be doing more harm than good
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 8:25pm
not surprised. You can't beat mother nature and we should really stop trying.

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 5:37pm
waste of money & some people take so many different things do they not ask themselves what over dosing on some combination's can do to them?

If its not broken don't fix it. Instead try a healthy life style.
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 12:59pm
I agree, I think ppl in general should just look up what vitamins they need and which foods they come in naturally.... why bother popping pills when say eating a banana or making a salad or cooking dinner would be better for you.
Learning some facts about basic nutrition would be a definite help in the case of vitamins!!!
As for being worse than second hand smoke you would have to be popping a LOT of pills and not be round smokers much for it to be worse.....

Edited by Kalimirella
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
Itchy_feet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itchy_feet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 5:07pm
Hi Ladies, I think you all have valid points, and yes mother nature does want us to get vitamins naturally but I wander these days with all the GE foods out there, and nutrient defficient soil how many vitamins can we get naturally compared to a couple of generations ago. That's why I'm all for people having their own vege gardens and fruit trees... organic is the best way. And for those of you who can't do that I don't see why vitamins taken in moderation would harm.
 Post Reply Post Reply