FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKeeper mauled to death at Zion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeper mauled to death at Zion
    Posted: 27 May 2009 at 2:02pm

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 2:45pm
I don't get why they shot it. I'm mean really shoot an endangered wild animal because it did what wild animals do, what does that achieve? It's not gonna bring the keeper back and those keepers are doing what they are doing cos they are trying to help the species survive, sure it's horrific that this has happened but I doubt if you could ask the guy he would have wanted the tiger shot. It's not like it's someone's pet and could potentially injure or kill someone else, they were in the tiger's enclosure, it hadn't even escaped.

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 2:55pm
Yeah there are few enough of them around so shooting it seems silly. Its not like its a pet dog or anything its a very rare species.

Edited by Babe
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 7:25pm
There has been so much drama around that park.

FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 8:13pm
Why did the old lion man have to go?

Its a bit weird, they said his mum is running it.

I am a bit surprised they shot the tiger too, unless they shot him whilst he was attacking in an effort to save the man, shooting him after the event seems pointless.

i think the park will really suffer now.

][/URL]

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 11:32pm
People need to remember that they are wild animals and should be treated as such , with distance and respect .

Its when people think of them as cute pets that things like this happen , I don't understand why they shot it too, unless as Fiona says it was still attacking the man .
But shooting it after the attack, seems pretty pointless .

What a horrible situation for all involved

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:14pm
Very horrible for the keeper and his family. I couldn't imagine what he went through.

I do however, not agree with shooting the animal, it was a rare animal, its about the same as going out and killing a gorilla. At the end of the day tigers are not like the cats that are in our living rooms and should be treated with safety always, a lot of the time I have seen the keepers cuddling them.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:50pm
Just reading this I'm pretty sure they shot it to get it off the guy. I think its sader that there are still all those poor lions and tigers in those tiny cages.

Oh yeah just randomly white tigers are genetic deformation and are usually quite sick and die at birth. They aren't a 'rare' species like people think. That doesnt make it any better just a bit of random knowledge.
 Post Reply Post Reply