FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPython strangles 2 year old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Python strangles 2 year old
    Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:07pm
How awful!I saw the clip at the beginning of the news and looked it up on google, and wasn't surprised that this is just one of many stories over the years where someone with a python in the US has had their child killed by their "pet".

In this case it was the child's mothers boyfriends snake..

Full story

Seems to be the same sort of story too.. snake escapes from terrarium, seeks out child..
Sponsored Links

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:51pm
Oh my goodness, that's heart breaking.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 10:40pm
I watched a documentary about this a month or so ago. Apparently this is really common - and yet there are still tons of idiots that have dozens of snakes in their homes with toddlers and defend that it is perfectly safe

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 9:36pm
All I can say is why? Why oh why would you have a pet python in the house?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 10:54pm
REminds me of a story I heard Polly on ZM telling a while back about a lady who had a pet snake of some kind? Python? Can't remember, she noticed it had gone off its food, it hadn't eaten for days and she was worried it was gettign sick. She woke up one morning and it was lying flat our beside her on her bed, she thought that's weirs so rang (vet? snake person?) who said What ever you do, DO NOT go home, your snake is starving itself for a reason and it wasn't lying beside you becasue it is sick, it was measuring you...

*ICK* I HATE HATE HATE snakes, can barely type the work=d without throwing up a bit in my mouth and cannot understand why anyone would have one for a PET???? WTF???
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 10:03am
Ewwww creepy! Yeah I don't understand why you would have a snake for a pet..well, specifically a huge python that could kill you in your sleep!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 12:19pm
Yeah I agree. And the thought of waking up with a snake lying next to me 'measuring me up' makes me shudder.

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by fattartsrock fattartsrock wrote:

REminds me of a story I heard Polly on ZM telling a while back about a lady who had a pet snake of some kind? Python? Can't remember, she noticed it had gone off its food, it hadn't eaten for days and she was worried it was gettign sick. She woke up one morning and it was lying flat our beside her on her bed, she thought that's weirs so rang (vet? snake person?) who said What ever you do, DO NOT go home, your snake is starving itself for a reason and it wasn't lying beside you becasue it is sick, it was measuring you...

*ICK* I HATE HATE HATE snakes, can barely type the work=d without throwing up a bit in my mouth and cannot understand why anyone would have one for a PET???? WTF???

That story I made me put my feet underneath me in case there was a python crawling around the floor .....

snakes I don't mind tho , well small ones, that are separated from me by a very sturdy pane of glass ....

Post Reply Post Reply