FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXmas Breakfast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmas Breakfast
    Posted: 16 December 2012 at 11:47am
what do you have???? is it a big thing in your house? do you have a tradition you do?
Sponsored Links

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 12:41pm
this year we are just doing breakfast for our family of 4 and then the rest of the family is coming over mid morning. We will have pancakes with maple syrup, bacon and strawberries. In past years we have had a big breakfast with everyone and had things like mini crossiants with either jam or bacon & cheese; strawberries, breakfast sausages, hashbrowns etc.
Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 3:46pm
Normally its just us at home and it is whatever we feel like after eating chocolates half the morning. We are supposed to be having lunch at the In laws about 1pm so not much point in having a big brekkie cause the kids always seem to sleep in anyway. Think i might want pancakes this year!

pumpkino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpkino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 6:29pm
We get up early for presents with the kids and I make french toast which is DH's favourite.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 6:39pm
I'm looking forward to brekkie this year will have to organise it with Mum!

This year we've decided cause it's just us 5 & my parents we're going to stay at their place over night so we're all together in the morning.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 6:58am
Scorched almonds? Nah, we usually have something nice, but have no set traditions. Probably bagels and smoked salmon this year, because I like that

sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 9:55am
Just the three of us. I will make waffles with ice cream and berries (with a splash of something alcoholic in my portion)for me and Emily and poached eggs with grilled vege for DH. Oh and bubbly of course!

Edited by sem - 17 December 2012 at 9:55am
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 9:20am
We go to DH's Aunty's and every year we have steaky bacon, corn fritters, home made sauce and something else can't remember but it's always the best! Can't wait!
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 5:07pm
not sure what we are having yet. We usually don't do b'fast as the kids eat their chocolate & I have a glass of bubbles or 2

This yr family are coming over mid afternoon for xmas lunch/dinner so need to do b'fast as kids wont last on sweets alone lol.

DH wants to try out the new bbq before everyone comes so b'fast will be done on that.

Prawns (done in the new bbq wok)
not sure what else yet but there will be bubbles
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 6:59pm
We usually do a huge champagne breakkie with DH's mum and brothers and sister in laws (BBQ bacon and sausages, with eggs and croissants and then fruit and chocolates and lots of bubbly) ... but this year we had that side of the family Xmas early so it will be just us.
So probably just the usual cereal or bacon and eggs on toast here this year.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
TeacherLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeacherLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 7:04pm
We are vegetarians- but will have a cooked breakfast of sorts: potato tortilla and fried mushrooms I am thinking
AndieP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndieP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 11:13pm
I never have much for breakfast on Christmas Day as I save myself for the lunch!
Keleho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keleho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 9:22pm
Breakfast is just as per usual here - DH doesnt get in from milking til later in the morning, plus we tend to have a huge family lunch (be it my family or his) so I prefer to have that as the special meal
Keleho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keleho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 9:24pm
*although this post is making me contemplate getting something yummy! Maybe crossaints with bacon and egg *nom nom*
 Post Reply Post Reply