FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYasmin - yuk!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasmin - yuk!
    Posted: 22 June 2009 at 7:39am
I'm on my 3rd not so successful attempt at a different pill... have other people used Yasmin, and if you did, did it make you feel rotten-nauseous? How long did that last for? It says that that's one of the side-effects, but there's no saying if it'll continue or not. I'll be reassured if people have found the same and it got better, but if feeling like this usually lasts, then it's the end of another expensive attempt for me! Grrrr. Honestly, it's just like morning sickness without being pregnant. Not happy!
Andie
Sponsored Links

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 8:24am
I haven't tried Yasmin - so I'm of no help, sorry.
But, like you, I've tried several different pills to find the right fit for me. Even the one I'm on now isn't without it's side-effects, but they're not half as severe as the other pills were.

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 9:27am
I dont remember any nausea when I was on Yasmin (terrible side effects on other pills though).

Yasmin is supposed to be the pill with the least side effects - maybe you should chat to your doc about other forms of contraception?
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 10:01am
I tried a few pills before finding one that gave me no side effects at all. I don't remember if I tried Yasmin or not but I find loette great.. even if its probably the most expensive one
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 10:21am
I had major issues with the pill, and tryed a number of other forms untill I found what worked for me.
Maybe the pill is just not for you either, have you talked to your doctor about other options? I personally ended up with an IUD which I found great although I know is not for everyone.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 12:05pm
I haven't tried Yasmin ( I think it came out after I gave up on the pill) but I did try one that was touted as having the least side effects and that was the one that gave me MS type nausea too so wouldn't be suprised if it has the same makeup.

Sorry to be a downer but I think (from memory) I tried 9 different types of 1st and 2nd Gen pills before realising that my body just cannot handle any form of synthetic hormones. (or real preggy ones lol). Got everything from sore huge boobs and MS nausea to becoming a complete nutjob. Not to mention the weight gain and terrible skin.

The IUD worked well as an option for me for 3 years but then I had complications and had to give it up. But I would still recommend it as an option to investigate.

Edited by Bobbie

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 2:28pm
Hrmmm, thanks for the advice. I've tried Loette too, and the mini-P. Both bad and for different reasons. I'd been on the highest dose pill for years before babies, and never had any trouble with it, but my GP advised me that the lowest dose possible is a healthier option. If I'm not right by the end of a month on this I'll swap back that that, I think.
Andie
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 10:50pm
I was on Yasmin before I got pregnant.
I had tried several other pills, which all gave me problems, then the dr advised yasmin, which worked well for me. It also helped clear my skin a lot, which was great.
The only down side was a reduced sex drive.

Hope your nausea will go away soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply