FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXT phone - do you have one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hannibal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT phone - do you have one?
    Posted: 08 October 2009 at 9:00pm
Stupid, stupid thing I am so frustrated it stopped texting this morning - says sending failed!!! WHAT!!!! Hubby phoned tonight and Telecom tell him south of Taupo network users can't text????? So I can receive calls and texts - but not send, is anyone else having problems. Its about to go in the damn bin - as when you text (each and every time) you have to turn predictive text off - its just can't be turned off and left off permantly. I want my old one back ....
Sponsored Links

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 9:08pm
I'm on XT but haven't had any problems today....as for the predictive text, is there no default setting you can change? I know mine originally was not predictive text and I've changed it, because I use predictive...mind you, we've only had our phones a week!!
hannibal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 9:15pm
No predictive text is part of the parcel argh in the book its says you can't turn it off! I am so frustrated - I can't understand how I can still receive texts but not send? Its a prepay but I have credit on it ...
I only got it a week ago too - thinking off toasting it!
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 9:55pm
I just got mine the other day DP got fooled into buying it and adding it to the bill, they told us it wouldn't be any more expensive than onebill which is a crock but anyways other than that, my texting has been fine. Have you tried taking the battery out of the back of the phone and putting it back in? Also maybe try removing the sim card. Dunno if it will work but is worth a try!

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:42pm
Hey Do you have a Telecom R6 phone (RRP $149ish?) ..I have one of these on the XT network and started having this problem late yesterday, so I rang this morning as it kept telling me I had NO network or LIMITED network...they directed me to remove battery from phone for a couple minutes, switch back on - go to menu, settings ...handset ...network and then opt to change it manually and click on the first option (should be telecom network) and see if that works.

They told me that it is the Telecom R6 phone that is having this problem for the most part, because its at the lower scale for quality with their phones etc.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 7:36pm

I have been rung heaps of times to go on an XT contract and get a new phone (currently on a CDMA contract till May 2010), but when I mention to them that if I break the contract like they really want me to will they take away the disconection fee?? Hell no is their answer so they can stuff their network as far as I am concerned and I am staying on CDMA for as long as I can.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 7:45pm
Thats ridiculous Becks! They really have no idea huh! The person that talked to DP talked so much crap I couldn't actually believe it (I work in a place that sells telecom cellphones amongst other things and knew more than she did) just too bad that DP dealt with her and not me lol!

hannibal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 10:05pm
Buzzybee yes I do!!!! I rang back last night and torn into the poor man and said that it was crap - if the XT south of Taupo was down - how do I get texts and calls????   He apologised and said I had been given the wrong information?!?! and he got me to check out a number stored in the phone and surprise, surprise the number that the woman had given my DH earlier was WRONG - hello!!! Now if I was a patient person (haha) I could have been sitting here still with no phone. God help them if I have any problems again soon - I just wish my other phone hadn't packed up I loved it - now I am just feeling like a guinea pig with this stupid new phone and the XT system. I am so annoyed Vodafone is looking tempting.

Edited by hannibal
 Post Reply Post Reply