FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBroadband (Telecom v Telstra)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 7:00pm
We are with Telstra and both DH and I have worked there and can Honestly say that if you live in Wellington, Kapiti or Christchurch at this point in time your internet will ALWAYS be better with TCL as they have fibre optic cabling in those areas.
However if you live outside those areas you even if you are with telstra or any other network you are running on telecoms lines so will get the same no matter who you are with so find the cheapest!
I loved cable broadband when living in Kapiti, super duper quick but now we are Rural levin we are with them still but are technically on telecoms cables and its not so hot.....hope this helps!

CHEM 6/12+
Sponsored Links

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by matandnic08 matandnic08 wrote:

However if you live outside those areas you even if you are with telstra or any other network you are running on telecoms lines so will get the same no matter who you are with so find the cheapest!

Not anymore thanks to the unbundling of the copper lines now

Edited by Kandice
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:44pm
yeah they may have bought them but the lines are still the old telecom copper network which isnt as good, im hanging out for TCL to extend the fibre optic

CHEM 6/12+
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 8:39am

Telecom for us we are on 40GB a month

I had Telstra dial up at one stage for myself and OMG their customer service was crapped when I told them I didn't want it anymore  They kept sending me a bill every month and after 4 months or so of telling them the same thing they finally got the meassage

David252938 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David252938 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2021 at 7:17am
The 17th Telstra Rally Australia takes place this coming weekend - the final round out of sixteen in the 2004 FIA World Rally Championship. Oz will also play host to the seventh and final round in the 2004 FIA Production Car WRCtelstra

Edited by David252938 - 25 August 2021 at 4:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12