FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXmas crafts to do with your kids?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmas crafts to do with your kids?
    Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:14pm
Any ideas?? I wanted to make cookies and decorate them and stuff with Neosha any good recepies? and I guess we will do some xmas decorations but I can't think of any other ideas.......

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Sponsored Links

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:18pm
I googled and found this site - good idea I might do this with Nyah one weekend.

Linky
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:21pm
Nice site Mel! I was looking at this site during the week:

www.make-stuff.com

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:28pm
I made christmas biscotti one year and its great because you can make it in advance and keeps for quite awhile, there are lots of websites with different festive biscotti recipes.

Also homemade Christmas crackers dont know about the banger things but good for table decoration.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:28pm
Kool!!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:29pm
We do salt dough decos. I put holes in them & thread ribbon & paint once dry to hang on tree
And smelly xmas trees. Cut cardboard in shape of tree, apply glue , pour over green jelly crystals, wipe off exess jelly & let dry, make hole & hang with ribbon
Snow globes- empty jar, plastcine, small toy to fit in Jar, water & shredded coconut. Stick toy to lid with plasticine add water & coconut to jar, screw lid tight shake & enjoy the snow
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

aussiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 9:02am
I'm making chocolates, just using moulds and also ginger bread men
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 9:29am
When I used to nanny, I cut out a template in red or green cardboard of a Christmas Tree. Then I put out heaps of stuff for the kids to 'decorate' their tree with - old bit of wrapping paper, ribbon, star stickers, glitter pens, pom poms, old chocolate wrappers (shiny ones), anything I found that could be used. They laid them out as they wanted them on their tree, then I stuck them in place with the hot glue gun. They looked really cool.
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 10:13am
Wow so many good ideas!!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:07am
You could make lolly trees.

Simily buy a pot terracota is good you could get them to pain it too. A polysterne ball make sure things are in proportion so make it a bit bigger than pot. A Stick to securethe ball i use a bit of dowling make sure its wide, some wrapped lollies, pins, and some plaster of paris.

Take pot mix up plaster block up hole if one at bottom of pot put the stick in pot pour plaster in let set. Put ball on top of stick and decorate with lollies by pinning them on th eball.

You can also but round wreaths of polystaerne that you can decoarte with the lollies too. Hope this makes since.

You can make the lolly wreaths out of wire too but i'm not sure on how you do this. Hmm maybe i will see if i can find instuctions for this.
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:24am
Here is a link for a cady wreath. You could use the metal rings that you can buy at spotlight instead of a coat hanger. There are lots of different ways to attach the lollies you can tie them on individually. Have a play to find out what works best for you.

http://craftemag.co.nz/dnn/www.craftemag.co.nz/DNN/OtherCrafts/ChristmasCandyWreath/tabid/192/Default.aspx

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 8:51pm
when i was in kindy we cut out pictures from wrapping and stuck them onto marg. lids, threw some ribbon and glitter and hey presto - decoration.

also made cookies using gingerbread recipe -decorated and then in the mornings Jake would lick them, so we had many plain, wet biscuits on the tree.
 Post Reply Post Reply