FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXmas prezzys ideas for...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmas prezzys ideas for...
    Posted: 19 October 2010 at 2:03pm
Teachers at school & kindy...

I want to do inexpensive gifts that don't get given away..are there such things?

DS3 has 3 kindy teachers & 2 support staff, so do I do separate or a box of something....

DS1 has a lovely teacher, not fused on DS2 one but don't want to get into the comparing thing.
They also have reading & other groups they go to that are run by support staff so do I do for them also...

Any ideas would be great thanks & if anyone wants to add gift ideas for others that may also be helpful...
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 2:05pm

Me and my sisters made chocolates with my mum every year for our teachers. Put them into a box and wrote them a card each. Did some for the principal as well and they all loved them. After a few years teachers worked this out and were fighting to get me and my sisters in their classroom to get the gift at the end of the year. my nana also helped out by making outer sweets to go in them too.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 2:07pm
mummy_becks sounds good, lol with everyone fighting over you....hmm I might add the principal in also
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 2:24pm
yea my sister always makes fudge and stuff and the kids help decorate the boxes

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 2:50pm
My Aunty is a teacher and Christmas time rocks! She always has loads of lollies and chocolates at her place
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 5:52pm

We did cookies and fudge for the kindy teachers last year.

MrsMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 6:17pm
i like thei idea of baking. fudge, cookies, chocolates
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 6:21pm
Jack has 6 teachers at kindy. I went to the Warehouse and bought some colourful plastic pots (about $3 for 5 I think) and Jack and my Dad planted some basil seeds in them. I am going to decorate the pots closer to the time with a little sign in each saying "Thanks for helping me grow"
Lindsey

ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 6:59pm
In the craft section on the forum, i posted this suggestion for a christmas gift idea and i think it could work really well for gifts for teachers:

Sand art cookies! I made some for my workmates when I left work and they went down a treat. Mine arent as fancy as these, but this gives you a good idea about how to do them: Bakerella Cookies

The ones I made hardly cost me anything either as I got 1 L jars from the Warehouse for something like $2.50 each.

kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 10:03pm
Handcream. A tube of cream with a bow. Chalk dries hands but now with whiteboards I am not so sure. I always use handcream though and have a tube in my drawer. Yay I am doing teachers college next year so maybe once I am in the workforce I might have some nice parents. Didn't think of that benefit. lol
E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 10:22am
I'm a teacher and while I didn't expect any gifts etc the ones that I appreciate most were;

Handcream, chocolates/baking etc, thoughtful cards, things that I could use the following year in the class like books, stickers, calender, craft items like glitter etc (only if the teacher does lots of crafty things)

Linzy the herb idea is a good one I'd love to receive something like that.

ereynolds that's a great idea too!

kiwi2 I have never used chalk while teaching except to do pavement art with the kids outside on the concrete! So you won't have that issue but I had cream in my drawer at school along with hand sanitiser.

Some kids get you little ornaments etc from $2 while you appreciate the thought and effort they went to it's really not practical as over the years you end up with hundreds of them and I feel so guilty when I have to get rid of them cause I just don't have the space! I'd rather something I can use/eat than something to put on a shelf.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 12:07pm
We always did chocolates for ours here
rachndean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachndean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:18pm
Each year I back some mini choc cupcakes, then DD1 helps me decorate them. We dip them in white chocolate, put a fresh rasberry and a mint leaf on each. They look like mini xmas puddings! I bought a bulk lot of mini noodle boxes, we put a couple in a box and tie a xmas ribbon around the handle with a card
Very cute!

DD Savannah 18.01.04
DS Austin 04.09.08
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 8:05am
Thanks for the great ideas think I will go with baking

rachndean where did you get the mini noodle boxes from?

rachndean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachndean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 9:12am
I got them from trademe a couple of years ago, I think they have them at spotlight too?
Here's some Noodle boxes

DD Savannah 18.01.04
DS Austin 04.09.08
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 11:08am
Originally posted by rachndean rachndean wrote:

I got them from trademe a couple of years ago, I think they have them at spotlight too?
Here's some Noodle boxes

thanks for that..they look great, will check out spotlight also, any excuse to go there

Edited by jazzy
 Post Reply Post Reply