FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcareer question for all the nurses...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
gemsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 9:25am
Wow Janine, I'm impressed. When I did my nursing training I was young and single and had no respect for the juggling the Mums on our course did. I've just done a one year post-grad cert with two children, working and pregnant and now look back with awe at how they survived that study.

And yayyy Kellz for having enough hours. Annual practice certs are a PITA!

Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:06am
Go Janine, you know you are a legend girl!

And good luck with your enquiries today Kellz! Thinking of you.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 12:48pm
OMG Janine! YOU ARE THE MAN...OR WOMAN!!! lol thats awsome reading you experience bcos its a huge inspiration to those of us who are trying to get it sorted

GOOD LUCK KELLZ!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 1:00pm
Have talked to the charge nurse and got the application form. Have to do rostered shifts, but its self-rostering so will have some say in it. At least that way I wont have to work every weekend, and will still get the $ beneifits of working some weekends.
Now just got to talk to MIL about looking after Isla. Cant increase her daycare hrs at the mo cos no vacanies.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 1:48pm
Kelz at least you could try and set some of your shifts so that they fall on the days she goes to daycare and maybe have hubby drop her off, or see if she can start earlier if it's morning shift etc, or see if MIL can pick her up from daycare which would take care of it a bit. It's good with self-rostering/requests you should be able to fit it in wel with family and toddler life, he he. HUGE HUGE good luck with your application.

I'm now having to look at hours etc, and waiting for mikes new schedule for next semester so that i can start requesting shifts to fit in with his classes for when Paris starts school. I have *YAY* had annual leave approved so that i have the 1st 3 weeks off when Paris starts school. I am trying to get away without after-school care for at least the first year if i can help it... preferrably would like to not do it at all. I see myself rostering on for a few more night shifts so i can sleep during the day while she's at school and still be there in the mornings to drop her off, the afternoons to pick her up, and be there for dinner etc. In essence alot the mums that do that find their kids don't actually realise when they've worked and when they haven't cos they never see them leave and they're mostly home before the kids wake in the mornings.

And guys... thankies for you words... but seriously, it just shows if you're as stubborn and pig-headed as me, you can find a way to do what you want to do. At the time i just did it, it was just life. I now look back and go "WTF?! Was i crazy?!"

It was funny as when i graduated Paris had a whole heap of people coming up and talking to her (my old lecturers) cos they'd watched her grow up. When she was 11 months old and i first started back, mike had to be in at work by 8am each morning (across the road from UCOl which was good) so I'd get her up at the last minute, dress her, and i'd pack a little bowl with a lid with her cereal or weet-bix in it, we'd get there, go up to the nursing lounge by the nusing lecturers offices, and i'd use the student kitchen to make her brekkie, we'd sit on their comfy couches and she'd have her brekkie and her bottle and play with a couple of wee toys i took until close to 9am which was when she booked in to daycare. I'd take her over and go to class. She had so many people that would stop and talk to her each morning, they watched her learning to walk and talk and i continued that up till i had ayja. There were still some days that i took them both up there if the timetalbe was a bit mucky, so they saw the whole process. For them to then see her all grown up, nearly 4 years old at my graduation, they thought it was really neat. It's funny the things that life brings you.. It was neat having so many people take an interest in what she was doing each morning and stop to play with her or talk to her on their way into the office.

Is all good though. It's nice to encourage others be as nuts as me.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 4:18pm
Does anywhere have papers you can study by correspondence for nurisng
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:32pm

Susieq there are a few papers you can do through Massey but you can't do the whole degree extramural as you have to be there for the lab papers.

I know a few of the papers - let me know I can get them to you.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:46pm
That would be great if you could pm the names of them to me
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:47pm

Sweet I will do it later tonight or tomrrow morning - i'm just about to go out to band.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Jordan265338 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan265338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2021 at 11:55am
Being a nurse is such a difficult job, so I hope you don't have so much recycling! Besides, I would like to day that after getting a diploma I needed to find a job in order to provide decent life for myself without parents' assistance. Therefore, in order to achieve my goal I used advantages of this platform https://uk.jooble.org/jobs-amazon-warehouse/Leeds where I found my current occupation that allows me to have good income, pay my rent and travel around the world. Good luck and have incredibly good day!
Jamess266209 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamess266209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2021 at 3:59pm
Thank you a lot for all the information and all the links there but can someone here please recommend me some reliable resources where I can buy resume for myself?
Rachel248052 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel248052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2021 at 8:15am
Yeah, just please be cautious because there are a lot of dangerous resources on the Internet. Personally I recommend you to check these online resume writing services right there and pay your attention to resumeble as it's the one of the most reliable websites and they will be able to help you for sure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234