FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddiets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 8:40pm
I eat almonds, a small handful every day.. Its actually one of my "snacks" and keeps me fuller than a packet of chips would..

I also have protein shakes which doesn't take me long to drink or make and they keep me full too.

I'm not on a diet or anything. I do eat all day
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
Sponsored Links

Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:33pm
First of all it's awesome that you walk every day :) now all you need to do is tweak what and how much you are eating and you will be away laughing.

If I could offer you one piece of advice it would be don't skip breakfast. Breakfast is the worst meal to skip. If you feel you have to skip a meal, skip dinner. However, I don't recommend skipping any meals. Have porridge for breakfast every day. It's good for you and it's yum and you don't have to work it around your kids because you can serve it up to them as well. If you were to change justbone thing in your diet, it should be this.

Please don't go "on a diet". They are just a quick fix, what will you do when you get back down to your goal weight? Will you start eating the same as you were before the diet? Make a lifestyle change instead. Your kids will thank you for it :) By the sounds of it you are already teaching them awesome things about excercise with your walking and running. Help them learn to make healthy decisions about food as well.

Sorry, I know I sound like a bit of a fanatic. I've never been overweight either so perhaps you could say I don't truly understand. It's probably not as easy as just "making a lifestyle change", but you don't have to do it all at once - just a little bit at a time. Start with breakfast

P.S. Sorry about all the spelling mistakes. Have done this all on the iPod touch. Will fix it up when I get back on the real computer.

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:38pm
Ooh I agree with above poster, I didn't have the best diet during pregnancy but it was better than before I got pregnant so when DD was born, hello hospital food... Wasn't what I was really used to but I figured they were serving me porridge etc for a reason so when I got home I changed my diet and did it for DD. I don't want her eating crap all the time iygwim!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 10:05pm
Definitely good ideas Stacey.

We had a lifestyle change & in that process we cut out all preservatives & additives, well not all but all the ones that are not good for us. This does mean that things are cooked from scratch, I have lost weight as we don't have as much processed crap in our diets. Plus I've also cut out dairy which has helped weight loss.

Plus porridge every morning!

That plus b/f instead of exercise has seen me lose 15kg. I've lost 4 kg since sept & am hoping the slow weigh loss will mean it stays off.

Fast weight loss is not good, it's what we all want though.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Snappy Snappy wrote:

I'm not on a diet or anything. I do eat all day

She does eat all day and she is teeny

And I agree .. anything fast isnt good .. (although people think I have lost weight fast, but it just seems fast to everyone else)
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 9:35am

One tip I was taught is to do outside supermarket shopping - where you only go round the outsides - and avoid the middle as that's where all the processed stuff is etc.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Jane268463 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane268463 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2021 at 12:24am
Oh, dear! Please, don't think about diets. They don't work. And any diet should be approved by doctor for being healthy. The only way to keep fit is to have active like and eat healthy food, counting calories (only for the first time for getting a good habit). If you follow these recomendations you'll be able to eat everything you want and any time you would like: on parties with lots of tasty food and drinks from mobile bars for events, family meetings, gatherings with friends. It really works. Just try.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12