FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked10 month old meal ideas(diary free)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 month old meal ideas(diary free)
    Posted: 20 August 2007 at 2:28pm
Im am struggling to know what to make Isla for meals, mainly dinner. She wants to feed herself, so I need main meal finger food ideas I guess. I know u are meant to be feeding "family meals' at this age,...but what exactly to you give a baby this age? Our meals are mostly toasties at the mo but Im happy to cook whatever for Isla to get her to eat, I just need inspiration!

She loves the aria farm lamb chips, and I gave her mince flattened out into a burger shape the other night so she could hold it, and she gobbled that too. She likes pieces of cooked brocolli, but not potatoe/kumara/carot or swede even tho she would eat them mashed, before she got stuborn and wont let me feed them to her!

TIA
Sponsored Links

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 2:38pm
Beans, carrots and peas are pretty easy to eat. Can she have fish fingers? We get the Independent brand and they dont have milk in the batter/crumb. Brocolli is good for iron, and funny cos Hannah will eat those veges mashed but not whole. Weird kids. Our dietician told us its ok for them to have stuff like sausages, cheerios etc as they need the fat. Hannah went through a phase of only eating processed meats, but now eats what we do. Um, sliced ham steaks, roast chicken is easy to eat. Hannah loves meatloaf slices. Pasta is a big hit in our house, either by itself or with some tomota based sauce.

Sorry not sure if that is helpful but will keep thinking about it for you.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 2:41pm
Thanks Aimee. Yeah I have given Isla fish fingers, but not sausages or ham cos I thought they would all contain dairy. Do you know what brands are ok?
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 3:56pm
Every supermarket is different unfortunately. Hannah can have Pak n Save cheerios, and one flavour of sausages from our NW.
Just a matter of reading the labels. Do you have a list of all the different names which mean it contains milk? I will go through all our stuff from the dietician tonight and photocopy some of it for you if you want?

Edited by aimeejoy
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 4:07pm
Yep I think you have given me a lsit before actually, but havent looked at it for ages! Will have a look for it! Thanks
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 9:05pm
Kellz just had a look through all my stuff and found quite a bit in the free booklets from Nutricia. Do you have them? If not give them a call. There is one about cooking without milk and quite a few other food allergy ones they should be able to send you.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
 Post Reply Post Reply