FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMilk Feeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milk Feeds
    Posted: 12 October 2005 at 4:53pm
Hi there, I have a 2yr old daughter. She has three bottles a day - formula. Just wondering what age/time did you drop the third milk feed??

Also any ideas of how to get her to have normal milk, Shes not interested! getting very sick of the formula, paying the hefty price??

Many thanks
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 6:05pm
maybe try toddler milk - its cheaper i think. other than that i am no help as my boy never had bottles.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 9:14pm
We went cold turkey a couple of months back just after Paris turned 2.- we got sick of the cost and the hassle and well - she was liking bottles better than food, and actually filling up on bottles instead of eating, or she would not eat because she knew that after brekkie, before afternoon nap, and before bed she would get a bottle - we decided that she's old enough not to be having bottles as such and also i was worried her teeth would get damaged from her sucking at the bottle for so long. Paris wasn't interested in normal milk at all either, but formula is not as nice tasting once it comes in a huge gulp instead of little squirts from a bottle! lol

We took paris to toyworld and she got to choose a neat straw cup with a lid on it - a winnie the pooh one, and she loves it - they have a great range, everything from disney princess to sponge bob i think. then we began making milos for her, a little bit of milo, a bit of hot water and a heap of milk - and now, before bed times she gets to have a milo while mummy reads her a story (it started as a way to distract her into drinking cos she was upset over not having bottles, then we have just carried it on) so now she has at least about 300mls of normal milk a day that way and the rest of calcium she gets from cheese - which she loves, and yogurts too.

good luck - it can take a bit at this age cos they are so attached to bottles, but hang in there and soon you'll be rid of those bottles and expensive formula!

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

HelenElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelenElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 12:33pm
Our daughter never had bottles either, she went from breast to a sipper cup. But to get her off the sipper cup onto normal cups we bought her a play tea set at 18months and we would sit outside in the summer and have tea parties with water. Once she got the hang of not it we bought her pretty pink or decorated cups to use everyday. By the time the novelity wore off the sipper cup was gone. Out of sight out of mind I guess.
As for formula we just went cold turkey, she hated it at first but when she realise that it was all she was going to get to warmed to the idea pretty fast. It helped by letting her watch me pour her some of the same milk that I was going to have then she would sit down with me and drink it together.
I'm not sure how many bottles/cups they should be drinking a day but we just give Chloe a glass of milk after breakfast lunch and tea then she has a choice between water or milk for morning tea and then juice for afternoon tea. Any other time she wants a drink it's water.

I hope that help and I didn't ramble too much!
Phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 3:49pm
Thanks guys - its a great help

I am trying the cold turkey on the formula - so far so good
 Post Reply Post Reply