FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPotty training?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HelenElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelenElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potty training?
    Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:23pm
Where do I start? Chloe is 2yrs and 3monts old and she has a potty which she is more than happy to sit on and understands that "wees" and "poos" go in the potty and she even comes up to us and says "potty please" but every time she sits on her potty nothing happens. Should I still be putting her on the potty when she asks even though nothing happens? She knows when she is going to poo because she hides in her room but still won't go on the potty.

Does anybody have any advice at all? Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thanx
Sponsored Links

melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:34pm
If she is interested you could always try putting her in knickers on one of these warmer days. We just went cold turkey with Angie when she was about 22 months and had a morning of accidents and after that she was fine. I would give it a day or so of trying it and if it doesn't seem to be working leave it for a while. You can get some really cute knickers from the warehouse or farmers these days.
A hint though if she is little, boys knickers work really well as they are cut differently.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 11:04am
We did the cold turkey thing at 23 mths after Maya took her own nappy off and climbed onto the toilet. She was so easy to TT I almost feel guilty.

But putting Chloe in knickers might help, and I agree that putting her on the potty when she asks to go is a good idea coz eventually you'll get lucky and 'catch' something in it. I also let Maya pick her own special knickers, and she was so proud of being a big girl and getting to wear her knickers.

Could be that she is just starting to make the connection and won't be totally ready for a few more weeks tho. Most of the kids at Maya's daycare have been well after 2 1/2 before they even started TT, although I don't know how much of that is the parent putting it off.

Good luck!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Teenmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teenmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 11:44am
lol thats so cute about ur daughter hellenella, my son who turned 2 in april does the same thing,sits on it etc....knows what to do but nothing happens,he even hides in his room too when he does a poo!!,what i did i just kept trying when he does poo i tell him its yucky in nappy each week i keep trying the more wees he does lol, i couldnt believe myself i was so excited when the bottom of the potty was fill with wee lol.

HelenElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelenElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 9:51am
I know it is exciting! She did wees in her potty once or twice and we got soo excited we had to ring our friends and tell them! Most of them don't have kids so they probably thought we were nuts!
 Post Reply Post Reply