FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEar piercing...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 8:37am
Fine, she is so obsessed with them. She keeps saying "they're not sore Mama". LMAO tho - she told teh lady in the chemist she wanted earrings just like daddy! Not Mama...

LOL at the tattoo story Liz. I have a chinese symbol on one arm that means Rebel (long story, a friend and I got them when I was about 16). Anyways, whenever I wear a sleeveless top I get random Chinese people coming up and asking me if I know what it means. Sometimes it annoys me - but at least they tell me that it does mean what I thought it meant, would be pretty unhappy otherwise!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

AnnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 9:11am
Yay for Maya!! My little next door neighbour has recently had her ears pierced and I got a blow by blow re-enactment of it!! She looks super cute tho!!

I am fairly liberal in terms of tattoos and piercings. I have two tatts and have had belly button, ears, both nipples and two tongue rings in so I guess I have to be. My only concern is with tattoos, getting one to young and picking something without meaning or relevance and then being stuck ten years later to explain that at fifteen you thought road runner on your shoulder was cool, or with piercings, getting a facial piercing and having the scar to show for life! I guess it is all about thinking long term and not making rushed decisions!!

I bet Maya looks so cute Emma and I hope the cleaning continues hassle free!!
Anna and Quinn 10 July 2004
www.quinnariki.blogspot.com
and one more on the way....

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 9:18am
hee hee talking about funny tattoos. I shouted one of my best friends one for her 21st and she decided to get casper (yes the ghost) on her ass. . Sigh some people

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 10:13am
i knew a girl with winnie th pooh on her breast.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 7:53pm
Ok so mine are all meaningful - Maya's name and newborn handprint on one arm, Rebel on the other (long story as I said), a feather on my ankle which is Red Indian and means "the warrior has been wounded in battle" to symbolise a bad relationship I got out of, Carpe Diem on my back because I love the movie Dead Poets, and because when I was about 13 I reaaaaaly wanted a tattoo with Carpe Diem on it (didn't get it till I was about 18), and Mona's name on one boob.
My next one is going on my arm above the Rebel chines character and it will be text that says "Our angel went to heaven 02.01.06"
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 11:56am
I have one tattoo - a Celtic Sun in the small of my back. I decided to get it done when I was in London, my boyfriend and I decided to get matching tattoos, he got a smaller version done on his bicep of his left arm but then they ran out of time to do mine. We were going to go back the following Sunday and get mine done, but he was killed in an accident on the following Saturday night and I forgot all about it, until I was home in Wellington just crusing round Cuba St and found the exact sun in a parlour there. So I got it done then and there.
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 12:35pm
Aw that's so sad...
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 1:30pm
Yeah, a little bit..... But I have a constant reminder of him right there on my back!! And I have the best man in the whole world (who totally understands about everything) so it's ok to be sad, but ok to be happy too
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
AnnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 2:14pm
That is such a sad story!! But such a nice way of remembering!!

I got a stupid tattoo when I was fifteen, all it reminds me of now is being young and silly, I guess it's message is to always think about what I am doing and not jump into things!!

My other one has definite significance to me tho!! And I want one more, I am thinking a small symbol for each member of my wee family!!
Anna and Quinn 10 July 2004
www.quinnariki.blogspot.com
and one more on the way....

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 3:25pm
That's so sad Clare - but like you say, a great way to remember! My brother has heaps of tattoos, his whole upper body and arms are covered, but they don't have particular meaning. I would only get a tattoo that does have meaning, even if the meaning becomes obsolete with time, at least it will always symbolise where I was at at that time in my life.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2006 at 9:10pm
In Saudi part of the hospital "package" is that all the baby girls get their ears pierced at two days old and all the boys get circumcised at two days old. The nurses were all shocked that we didn't get Zac circumcised.

As for tattoos I got a baby devil on my shoulder when I was younger and sooo regret it now...it is just so stupid!!
Zac Mark - 30.11.05
Samara Ailsa - 13.08.07
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:52pm
the gypsy fair was in town last weekend - so i got a fake spray on tattoo - across my lower back just to see how i liked it - it was kewl but weird. am contemplating getting one done - have been for ages now... so we'll see.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 6:25pm
I'm getting my angel tattoo in the next couple of weeks. Have finally got the $$$ sorted, now just have to find a really appropriate design. And somewhere to put it. I have one on each of my upper arms which is where I'd really like to put it, so maybe above?

Re: the circumcision - it's interesting to hear how other cultures do things. It's such a "sticky" subject these days.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 8:28pm
I have got 3 tattoos, none of which I regret. All designs I loved for years. A nordic compass on my upper back between my shoulder blades. (the singer Bjork has the same one on her upper arm - not a fan of her, just of her tattoo)had that for about 5 years, that one followed 3 small interlinking circles on my ankle, the pagan symbol for faith hope and charity (also one of the Led Zepplin "symbols") and my first, I got about 6 years ago or so is the celtic symbol of the same thing, with a circle joining them all, celtic for the father, the son and the holy ghost, also a "Led Zepplin" symbol, and interstingly enough, the symbol on the tv prog charmed. I hate it when people see it and go oooh charmed! SOOOOO NOT!!! That one is on my lower back. THe compass hurt the most, over the back bones, I had to keep getting him to stop. Looks ace, though. Because I can't see them, I never get sick of or bored of them.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12