FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo Fail Banana Muffin Recipe??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Fail Banana Muffin Recipe??
    Posted: 24 August 2008 at 2:54pm
Does anyone have a no fail banana muffin recipe?????

I have just completely ruined 2 different batches

Maybe next time I should stick to banana cake!
Lisa mummy to Ryan
Sponsored Links

surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 5:36pm
Hi there! I *hate* buggering up recipes, so here is my version of a fail safe muffin mix...

(from The Cooks Companion - S Alexander)

Preheat over to 180c. and grease muffin tins well.

Mix 220 g of self raising flour with 1/2 cup of casor sugar (at this point add any other 'extra' dry incredients - spices, coconut, nuts etc). In a bowl/jug combine 3/4 cup of milk, 1 egg and 3/4 cup of oil and whist lightly. (at this point add any wet ingredients to the mix - mashed banana, vanilla essence, fresh berries etc) Make a well in your dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture, and mix lightly. Fill muffin tins about 2/3 fill and bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12.

You can be quite casual with this recipe, it's not failed me yet. I often add bran, or use wholemeal flour and just add some baking powder. I add whatever I have in the fridge, cupboard etc. I have some peach and cream cheese ones cooling now - just added 1/2 teaspoon of c. cheese into the top of each one.

Good luck. Love to hear how you go!
MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 6:56pm
Fantastic thanks for that, I'll have to give it a go when i get some more milk and flour lol!!
Lisa mummy to Ryan
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 8:27pm
Thanks. I'll try that too.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 12:07am
Guys - i have ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS buggered up any kind of muffins i make, all the time ever. No matter what i have done in the past they've never turned out.

BUT!, I recently downloaded a whole heap from a website and omg they are "janine-proof" as mike puts it. and have been trying them out and i love them soo much, they are easy, not fiddly and Paris is enjoying them in her lunchbox for school.

I have about 3 different banana ones but my favourite so far is the one i tried out today. - very easy, and very very scrummy (i thought with weetbix in them they'd be eeeeewwww - but they are complete reverse of that)

Banana-weetbix-choc-chip muffins:

3 ripe bananas - mashed
4 weetbix
185mls (3/4 cup) milk
2 eggs
80g (4 tablespoons) margarine
1 & a half cups self raising flour - sifted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius

Mash bananas in a bowl, then crumble weetbix into the bowl in fine crumbs, stir in the milk until fully combined and leave for 10 minutes to soak up milk.

Meanwhile in separate bowl, hand-beat with a fork - the 2 eggs, plus the margarine. (It ends up looking a bit curdled). Add this to the banana/weetbix mixture and stir in well.

Combine the flour and brown sugar in a large bowl, add in the banana mixture and the choc-chips.

Stir until just combined.

Spoon into muffin papers - approx 1 heaped tablespoon per paper works well, ( I used "normal" sized ones and got about 12)

Bake for 25 minutes until a skewer into the centre comes out clean.

Sooo easy, you just chuck it all together and sooo yummy - a good way to sneak fibre and fruit into little people's diets! lol

Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 5:32pm
Yum! Might give that a go.
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 5:35pm
i just use a banana cake recipe and make muffins from it....i use the one in the edmonds cookbook and get 12 large muffins or almost 36small ones

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 5:40pm
That's a good idea Kazzle. Thanks!
surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 12:20pm
*bump for Anna*
mellowgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellowgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 6:51pm
For my banana muffins I actually use the recipe for Banana cake in the Edmonds Cook Book and add an extra banana and 1 cup of dark choc chips/drops. Makes 12 large muffins and are very delish.
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 4:16pm

I followed the recipe above and it worked a treat - yay.

][/URL]

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 1:49pm
A wee note to those that are having trouble with their muffins.... ( i mentioned this in Rianna's cupcake post too) it could be because you are over mixing them. They really only need to be folded not mixed well so to speak. Well thats what I have found anyway. The less I mix them, the bigger and lighter they are...... But, it could just be me.

I have been craving banana/choc chip muffins, might have to make some soon.

MMMMM

Two Shoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 3:46am
Mmmm, these muffin recipes sound great. I'll have to look at baking some soon, as it's my b'day coming up, so will be bringing some baking into work, so will be something different to try out!
 Post Reply Post Reply