FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour BBQ recipes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your BBQ recipes
    Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:42am

What are your favourite BBQ recipes?

I just found this yummy recipe which I'm going to try. 

Ruth Pretty's Paley's Place Lamb Chops

The secret to this dish is the thickness of the chops, which you may need to order ahead from your butcher.

Ingredients

• 45ml (3tbsp) Dijon mustard
  • 7g (2tsp) crushed garlic
  • 30ml (2tbsp) balsamic vinegar
  • ½tsp flaky sea salt
  • ¼tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
  • 3tbsp coarsely chopped rosemary leaves
  • 2kg (12) 4cm thick rib lamb chops
  • 1tbsp olive oil for oiling barbeque plate

Method

• Place mustard, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a non-reactive bowl and mix together.
  • Slowly whisk in olive oil to form a creamy marinade. Stir in rosemary, and add lamb chops to marinade. Toss to coat evenly. Cover bowl and marinate chops for 1-3 hours or, better still, overnight.
  • Preheat barbeque to a high temperature and brush or smear oil onto barbeque plate. Using tongs and scrunched up paper towels, wipe barbeque plate so that only residue oil is remaining.
  • Barbeque chops for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until pink and juicy in the centre. Rest chops away from heat, covered with a tea towel, for 5-7 minutes.
  • Place chops onto warmed plates. Nestle a fresh tomato salad next to chops and serve.

Edited by MrsMojo
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 12:52pm
Beer-up-the-butt chicken is good - and the name alone is worth it

Get a chicken and rub whatever under the skin - i use garlic, rosemary, butter and some lemon zest. then get a can of beer -drink half. Now shove the can up the chicken's butt. It should sit there amusingly. Now put on the barbecue. Have BBQ on lowish heat and you'll need a hood (or failing that a lid to cover the chicken). Takes about two-three hours, but is sersiouly good and a good alternative to rotisierre chicken...and as i said, asking people if they would like some "beer-up-the-butt chicken" is really really funny
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 1:18pm
I love beer butt chicken!  I generally make it in the oven but my BILs done it on the BBQ a couple of times.
monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 1:15pm
I haven't heard of Beer up the Butt Chicken!

I tried the below last week - Beef Fajitas - all done on the BBQ. They turned out very yummy:

BEEF FAJITAS

Ingredients
600g Skirt Steak
½ cup Orange Juice
½ cup Pineapple Juice
½ cup Soy Sauce
1 red Capsicum (sliced)
1 Yellow Capsicum (sliced)
1 Red Onion (sliced)
½ Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
1 cup Grated Cheese
½ cup Sour Cream
½ cup Salsa
1 Avocado (chopped)
8-12 Flour Tortillas (warmed)

Method
Trim any fat from beef.

Place beef in a deep dish and pour over the combined juices and soy sauce. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Pre-heat barbecue on high.

Remove beef from marinade; reserve liquid.

Cook beef on grill for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked as desired. Remove from grill and cover with foil while the vegetables cook.

Place vegetables on flat plate and cook for 2-3 minutes.

Pour over some of the reserved liquid over the vegetables and cook for a further 1 minute.

Remove from heat.

Slice beef across the grain into thick slices.

To serve fajitas, place a little of each of the beef, vegetables and remaining ingredients in the flour tortilla and roll up.

Edited by monkey33
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 1:36pm
I marinate either chicken or pork, in orange juice, mint and ginger and make kebabs and stick on the bbq.

I use what ever juice I have on hand and can have parsley and garlic instead of the mint and ginger.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 3:28pm
I found a recipe for a butterflied chicken with garlic and rosemary. am trying tomorrow night so if it's any good, will let you know.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:21am
Okay, tried that recipe and seriously that is the ONLY way I'm planning to cook bbq from now on.

in a big pot or bowl, dissolve half a cup of salt in 8 cups of water. Get your whole chicken and butterfly it - as in cut through the backbone and squish it down so it's flattish. Now throw that in the bowl/pot, making sure it's big enough to be submerged. Now put something on the top so the chicken remains under the water (i put a bowl). Put in the fridge for 24 hours - I put in for about 8 hours and this seemd to be fine

After the chicken has been in the brine for that time, take out and pat dry (i didn't do this and the chicken skin was a tad salty).

Now make the garlic puree. Take three bulbs of garlic and lsice off the top. Put these in a small pot of boiling water for ten minutes. Remove any odd bits of garlic skin. Put in roasting dish and drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme (recipe says use fresh - i used dried). Roast in medium oven for forty minutes. Now squeeze the garlic out and mush. Apparently you can put the whole cloves in jars andcover in oil. keeps for several weeks.

With the mush, add some rosemary (once again, recipe says fresh, i used dried). Put this mush under the chicken skin. (this is a messy job).   You can leave this in the fridge for a day apparently. Ru8b chicken skin with olive oil and black pepper. (i put salt on as well, forgetting about the salt bath - as I said, skin was a tad salty but still nice)

BBQ - you need to put this skin side down on the bbq for 12 minutes - bbq needs to be pre-heated on a medium heat. After twelve minutes, flip. Put the hood down and leave for 15 minutes. Flip and do another 15 minutes.

Check the juices and adjust times as necessary

This chicken was super juicy and just devine. Breasts were juicy as well (i find breasts too dry 9/10)

I got this recipe from the Dom - Ruth Pretty I love you!
 Post Reply Post Reply