FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Lunches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lollipop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lollipop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Lunches
    Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:27am
Hi there
I have a seven month old baby boy and he loves his solids, but I am getting a bit stuck on lunch ideas now that he is quite used to eating (and seems to like most things!), can anyone give me ideas on lunches. I tend to give him his meat/vege for dinner.
Many thanks
Sponsored Links

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:52am
I made Alex some cheese and apple toasties yesterday and he loved them.

1T Butter
1T Milk
25g grated cheese
1/2 grated apple

(I just put equal parts cheese apple and mix with the rest til its all covered in liquid and mixed welll)

Spread on toast and then brown under grill.

Alex has also been having chicken nuggets, hash browns, fruit pieces, fish fingers and all sorts. But I am keen to see what other ideas you get cos I know poor Alex has the same things a lot of days.
TansP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TansP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:04am
Hi
My son is 8 months old and I have just started making him a plate of finger food. Things like a small marmite sandwich, arrowroot bickie, pieces of cheese, fruit pieces (kiwifruit, melon, soft pear etc). I also give him half a yoghurt.
Its messy!!! but he loves it
You do have to supervise in case of choking but it is good for them to learn how to bite, chew and swallow.
We are now having avocado sammies, minestrone soup, homemade chicken nuggets and sauce the list goes on.
I was determined not to have a baby that gagged and choked on lumps (like my niece who was still having issues at 1)
Hope this helps. If in doubt google helped me with a few recipe ideas.
 Post Reply Post Reply