FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFreezing Banana cake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freezing Banana cake
    Posted: 07 October 2009 at 5:47pm
I have just made banana cakes and loafs and was wondering would they freeze ok? Someone gave me more bananas than we could handle. I am planning on giving away some of the baking but was also thinking it would be really good to eat when new baby gets here while im breastfeeding etc. So will it freeze? Do i just wrap it in gladwrap and chuck it in? Hope this doesnt sound like a really daft question. I just dont want to put good baking in there and it come out awful and waste it all
THANKS
Sponsored Links

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 6:42pm
Hey Kyla

I have frozen a banana cake before, I actually iced mine before freezing it and just chucked it on a plate and covered in tinfoil. Was still amazing when I got it out again!!

You're more than welcome to store some in my freezer haha

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 7:42pm
thanks you answered another question i had which was could i ice it lol. I will make a few more cakes now i think then lol as it will be awesome to just cut a big piece in the middle of the night or day when feeding mmm
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 8:39pm
I've frozen banana cake before in slices. 20secs in the microwave and bingo

You can also freeze the bananas. They only take a few hours to defrost and can then be used for baking.

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 8:47pm
yea iv already chucked some of the better looking bananas in the freezer for banana smoothies in the summer
Slicing it is actually a good idea. Thanks!!! That way i can get out how much i want without having to defrost the whole cake
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 8:03am
well i freeze all my muffins etc, and they are just normal cake recipes made into muffins....if you are going to ice them first, just be aware that some icings dont freeze well...so you can freeze them plain and ice them the day you take them out.

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 4:40pm
I know its too late but yes banana cake is great to put in the freezer!, I ice it then when the icing is set I precut it and put it in the freezer, then I can just pull a slice or two out when needed and when its defrosted its like you have just pulled it out of the oven, so moist
 Post Reply Post Reply