FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorlds easiest no bake slice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worlds easiest no bake slice
    Posted: 12 November 2009 at 8:31pm
I managed to make this yesterday, totally foolproof, no baking, and with newborn and toddler in tow (since you have gaps to sort kids out while things cool etc!). It was in a Thats Life my MIL had, I've adapted it to NZ jelly sachets which have a different amount. In brackets what I used myself.

Jelly Slice

250g packet shortbread biscuits (Arnotts Arno Shortbread)
100g melted butter
3 x Weightwatchers jelly sachets (Strawberry flavour)
2 x 125g fruit yoghurt pottles (Meadowfresh Strawberries & Cream)

Lightly grease a slice tin. Crush biscuits and add melted butter. Press into tin. Mix up the 3 sachets of jelly with 3 cups of water. Set aside 1 cup of jelly mixture. Let both bowls of jelly mixture cool. Add the 2 pottles of yoghurt to the bigger portion of jelly mixture and spread over the biscuit base. Chill until set.
Gently pour/spoon remaining jelly mixture over the slice and once again chill until set.

Done!
Sponsored Links

armybabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armybabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 12:26pm
sounds stange, putting jelly in with youghart, do u mix it all up together? taste test?
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 7:46pm
Yep the jelly just adds more flavour and sets the yoghurt.
 Post Reply Post Reply